Weird incoming call. - S21 Ultra 5G

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi All,

I will try to explain the issue.

Last 2 months my phone has been acting weird. Lets say my wife calls me. A couple of minutes after i hang up(some times seconds) my phone shows that she is calling me back. When I answer I do not hear her and she actually never called me back. It's like the phone is faking the call.

The phone acts like this almost after any call I have, and the caller ID shows the last number. I have updated the phone, restarted, but this issue does not go away.

Any ideas?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
This reminds me of the issue we were seeing several months ago where people were getting phantom calls when connected to their car stereos. In that case the phone would ring as if for a call shortly after connecting to the car's Bluetooth. Are either of you on a BT device for these calls? This might also play into the randomness because it doesn't sound like it is every call.

You and your wife are on the same carrier? This only happens to you?

Based on how you phrased your question is it safe to assume that it happens when other people call as well. Do any of them complain of receiving phantom calls from you?

It reminds me of call waiting, I don't know if it still does, but call waiting used to ring the phone if you hung up accidently with another call waiting. So you're on one call, a call rings in, you take that call and then hang up while the first call is still waiting, the phone would ring like an incoming call but it was just the on hold call not wanting to be disconnected. What method are you using to hang up on these calls? Are you waiting for the other party to hang up, are you using the power button or some other method?

Reactions: B. Diddy