Weird photo problem, notification sounds and ringtones disappeared, all music gone

S_Clark

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi internet! Am hoping someone here can help me with this weird problem I am having with my Sony Xperia ZL.

Yesterday I noticed that a picture that I had taken and sent via text and then deleted was appearing in new drafts to other people. Like, if I opened up my messaging, it would show that there was a draft to someone that was an image and when I opened it up, it was the picture I had sent to someone else the day before, but have since deleted from my phone.
I wondered if it might be a virus, so I installed avast and did a scan - Zero problems. But then it did it again, to a different contact. It never sent the SMS and I was able to delete the new draft texts, but I have no idea why it was doing that.
I went through the phone and found it was still in my photos, even though I had deleted it from albums. So I deleted it there too.

Then I got a text message several hours later and realized the notification sound wasn't my normal tone. I didn't think too much about it, but then I got a call and that ringtone was different too. When I went into my notifications, all the tones are gone. Instead, it just said "Unknown ringtone" under both Ringtone and Notification Sound. When I opened it up, the only option to choose is "None". Or there is an option for Music. When I open Music, it says there are no music files.

So I go into my Google Play Music, and it says I have no music... Even though there should be hundreds of files.

I have only had this phone for a few months and it's my first time with an Android phone, so I am sort of a fish out of water anyway but this has really thrown me for a loop. I don't know what to do or what's causing this! Help!

- S -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seroo