Well, I Pulled the Trigger, Pixi->Evo

AbdielRN#AC

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
After weeks of waiting and contemplating, my Pixi completely went haywire on me and I could take no more, I went in to radioshack and purchased the HTC Evo, so you can put me in the Palm/HP to Android jumpship category.

Evo is eight months old? I don't care. Something new for Q2 from Sprint? I don't care. Should have waited? I don't care, I am tired of waiting for stuff! (Rant)

I really enjoyed a lot of what webos had to offer, but I couldn't wait anymore due to a malfunctioning Pixi! I want to say thank you to all you great people who post here who after reading many posts and spending some time here finished convincing me the Evo was a great device, I really enjoyed the positive energy in this forum!

If there is any advise from Evo owners that can be passed on to a beginner Android (how to get hotspot, cool apps, how to save battery, etc) it would be greatly appreciated! Well anyway I am very excited to be here!

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the dark side (we have cookies).

Anyway, I hope you are enjoying your EVO. I would suggest reading the stickies in this forum for battery saving tips and the like. You should take some time to get familiar with the phone and the Android OS before you start tinkering.

Also, head over to the App forum for new and favorite apps of people. Some members of AC are also app developers.

Enjoy!

tempest111

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
advice? Root your phone. it opens up a whole new world of wonders.
Also you might want either an extended battery or extra batteries. I got two extra batteries on ebay for like 10 bucks.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Talk about an upgrade!?! That's like going from a Geo Metro to a Z06 Corevette! Better hold on tight cuz it's a wild and crazy ride my friend.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android... You have chosen wisely.

I had to use my palm pre for two days the other day, and it wasn't easy at all. I forgot how slow it was, and the boot-up seem like it took forever. I'm now back to a brand new EVO again... Thank God.

Op, "Click the tip & tricks" link in my signature. You should have most or all of your questions answered.

Enjoy your EVO - Awesome phone. :)

AbdielRN#AC

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android... You have chosen wisely.

I had to use my palm pre for two days the other day, and it wasn't easy at all. I forgot how slow it was, and the boot-up seem like it took forever. I'm now back to a brand new EVO again... Thank God.

Op, "Click the tip & tricks" link in my signature. You should have most or all of your questions answered.

Enjoy your EVO - Awesome phone. :)

Thanks man! Btw what happened to your Evo? Yeah I was transferring my contacts and I could not believe how long I was just sitting there waiting for the Palm device to START! And enjoying it so far!

screaminglemon

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, I just switched from a day 1 Pre minus to the Evo today so I am in the same boat. Funny, all the advice I had gotten was to wait till the next wave of devices but if those same people had to put up with a busted up Pre or Pixi till June, they would switch now too.

So far I am happy with one sad exception... the charge dock is a very poor replacement for a touchstone. But whatever, small price to pay.

AbdielRN#AC

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, I just switched from a day 1 Pre minus to the Evo today so I am in the same boat. Funny, all the advice I had gotten was to wait till the next wave of devices but if those same people had to put up with a busted up Pre or Pixi till June, they would switch now too.

So far I am happy with one sad exception... the charge dock is a very poor replacement for a touchstone. But whatever, small price to pay.

Kind of intrusive to charge and text at the same time, but ridiculously small price to pay, I totally get you though, falling a part, need a functioning phone, and you want to give HP the benefit of the doubt but they have no device, I think me and the green robot started a nice little relationship today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tHe_m0n5t3r