Well it's been six months.....

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
And......... The screen protector is starting to separate on the bottom crease area.

I love the fold, but the screen protector is a issue. The S23U is so great it's the only bar phone that gets my attention off the fold. I'm starting to lean towards the S series now.

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That and no good pictures of the moon is what drove me away from the Flip :( Awesome phone, but that protector and the camera suck monkey balls.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung definitely needs to address the screen protectors, best I can think of is figure out how to get rid of it. The screen protector is a film that sticks to the screen and we all know if you bend a sticker over and over it will eventually come loose.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had one on mine for a month or more now. Not ideal but hasn't been negative on screen and performance. It also is a little less finger printy. I have tried to replace it with 3rd party, for some reason I can't seem to get a good install. With my fold 3 is was an easy install. Not sure what has changed with the 4 but..

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had one on mine for a month or more now. Not ideal but hasn't been negative on screen and performance. It also is a little less finger printy. I have tried to replace it with 3rd party, for some reason I can't seem to get a good install. With my fold 3 is was an easy install. Not sure what has changed with the 4 but..

I've read in places that with no screen there's been issues of a black line in the crease area appearing. I'll probably take it to ubreakifix and spend $20 to have it replaced. Actually I think Samsung provides one screen protector change free.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I removed it from my 3, off for a year, with no issues at all. Only had to get the 4 because the Bluetooth stopped working on my 3 anytime it was opened. Worked fine when folded, but within seconds of opening it, it would die, and my various connected devices, (earbuds & Watch 5 Pro), would disconnect... then reconnect once I folded the phone again, disconnect again when unfolded, lather, rinse, repeat.

I love the real estate, it's my preferred "tablet" as well... I'm not sure I'll ever give up on a Fold... but if this 4 starts exhibiting Bluetooth issues like my 3 did, I may have too.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've read in places that with no screen there's been issues of a black line in the crease area appearing. I'll probably take it to ubreakifix and spend $20 to have it replaced. Actually I think Samsung provides one screen protector change free.

Ubreak will only replace the entire screen. They did that on my fold3 for a "screen protector" replacement. At least that has been my experience.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I totally get what you're saying about screen protectors. It's frustrating when the phone you want is sometimes just uncooperative! I loved my S10 but with its curved edges, any and every screen protector I used would eventually curl up. Some were better than others, but still.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Ubreak will only replace the entire screen. They did that on my fold3 for a "screen protector" replacement. At least that has been my experience.

They replaced my screen protector, they replaced my brothers screen protector twice. Both were fold 3

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mahendra K