Went to Verizon Store--Got Employee Bionic Swag

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
So I waltzed into the local mall to pick up a book at Barnes and Nobles. When I was done I decided to swing by the Verizon store and check out the Droid X2 and Droid 3 screens, since they are both qHD pentile and likely comparable to what the Bionic is packing. I heard horror stories about it but decided to look for myself.

As I was walking in, a sales associate met me at the door and asked what I was coming in for. I told him I was just looking around for fun. He asked me what phone I currently have, and I told him I had the Bolt. We talked about it for a little while, then he asked me if I was looking for a new phone. I went into how I was a big Android nerd, and actually wanted to look at the other Motorola phone screens to get an idea of the look of the Bionic. He informed me that I had just missed the Motorola rep probably by about two minutes. The guy pointed outside and told me that the dude walking away was the rep, and he had just been shown the phone. Naturally, he was very impressed. Out of his pocket he pulled a few little bits of swag and showed them to me (probably to prove he wasn't lying). He took me over to his computer to put me on a mailing list for more details about the phone (which I am already on, but I was just entertaining his politeness). After that he hands me this little fake cardboard Bionic with a booklet inside filled with info about it, and a cleaning cloth with the Bionic logo on it.

I know none of this is particularly interesting, but the fact that the rep came in and showed off the phone makes me think we are on track for the 8th. Here are some pics, before anyone says "pics or it didn't happen!!!"

Got my photos uploaded to Flickr. In an effort to make this thread less of a pain to load, I'll just throw out the link to where the pictures are. Check them out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67039081@N06/sets/72157627565894586/

Like I said, nothing groundbreaking. But we have confirmation of 32GB of memory out of the box, some cool details about the Zumocast app, the dock accessories, and so on. Anywho, take a look, and get more stoked for this phone!

Last edited:

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome! Glad to see someone in the forums have actual stuff from Motorola and Verizon. I'm going to say it too, there's a good chance we're on track for next thursday at this point.

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Now what I wonder is if a 10GHz octo-core phone running at 1080p could run crysis on Ultra at 120 fps? Or if in 3 months, they will be competing against one another?

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
So I waltzed into the local mall to pick up a book at Barnes and Nobles. When I was done I decided to swing by the Verizon store and check out the Droid X2 and Droid 3 screens, since they are both qHD pentile and likely comparable to what the Bionic is packing. I heard horror stories about it but decided to look for myself.

As I was walking in, a sales associate met me at the door and asked what I was coming in for. I told him I was just looking around for fun. He asked me what phone I currently have, and I told him I had the Bolt. We talked about it for a little while, then he asked me if I was looking for a new phone. I went into how I was a big Android nerd, and actually wanted to look at the other Motorola phone screens to get an idea of the look of the Bionic. He informed me that I had just missed the Motorola rep probably by about two minutes. The guy pointed outside and told me that the dude walking away was the rep, and he had just been shown the phone. Naturally, he was very impressed. Out of his pocket he pulled a few little bits of swag and showed them to me (probably to prove he wasn't lying). He took me over to his computer to put me on a mailing list for more details about the phone (which I am already on, but I was just entertaining his politeness). After that he hands me this little fake cardboard Bionic with a booklet inside filled with info about it, and a cleaning cloth with the Bionic logo on it.

I know none of this is particularly interesting, but the fact that the rep came in and showed off the phone makes me think we are on track for the 8th. Here are some pics, before anyone says "pics or it didn't happen!!!"

Like I said, nothing groundbreaking. But we have confirmation of 32GB of memory out of the box, some cool details about the Zumocast app, the dock accessories, and so on. Anywho, take a look, and get more stoked for this phone!
That's awesome Noble. Very cool to actually see swag showing up including the 'sellers guide' basically. Good stuff.

ShockHouse

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Did we know those dimensions? DROID BIONIC 2.6 by 5.0 by 0.4 vs Charge 2.7 by 5.1 by 0.5. That makes it smaller then the Charge! Wooh!

Last edited:

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I should have mentioned that the cardboard fake he gave me is actual size. Compared to the Thunderbolt it is a little longer, but a little more slim. If you have handled an EVO 3D or Sensation, you know what I'm talking about.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: jroc

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I should have mentioned that. The cardboard fake he gave me is actual size. Compared to the Thunderbolt it is a little longer, but a little more slim. If you have handled an EVO 3D or Sensation, you know what I'm talking about.

I've never held one, but I have looked at phones about the size of the Thunderbolt, (and the Thunderbolt itself) which is exactly what I'm looking for. One of my friends has a Droid X, so it should be like that right?

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I've never held one, but I have looked at phones about the size of the Thunderbolt, (and the Thunderbolt itself) which is exactly what I'm looking for. One of my friends has a Droid X, so it should be like that right?

Yeah, as far as I can tell pretty similar to the X. In my opinion the longer, more slim shape gives it a better feel in hand. The Thunderbolt is just fat.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, as far as I can tell pretty similar to the X. In my opinion the longer, more slim shape gives it a better feel in hand. The Thunderbolt is just fat.

Nice! Because I actually like the X a lot, while a lot of people I know do not...I have no idea why. I kind of actually was looking into an X2 or Incredible 2 for the longest time, until I really picked up on the Bionic.
And yes, fatter devices seem to not fit in hands that well, while longer ones seem to fit better. Just the way hands work I guess lol.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Did we know those dimensions? DROID BIONIC 2.6 by 5.0 by 0.4 vs Charge 2.7 by 5.1 by 0.5. That makes it smaller then the Charge! Wooh!

Well now. I compared the Charge, T Bolt and Revolution at a phone site that had the dimensions last month and I think the Charge was the smallest of the 3. So this makes the Bionic the smallest of all 4.

Nice.

They put a evo 3d in the comparison but no sgs2? Odd. Oh well I can't wait for the 8th!

Maybe cuz it hasnt officially came out in the US yet. *Not counting the Samsung press conference today, since this stuff was already printed up before today.*

Last edited:

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this great post...I was hoping it would be at least as big as the TB...WIDER means more screen size; I want as large a reading area as possible...I was hoping for 4.5" and at least as wide as a TB...oh well, I just wish they would end the drama and announce the actual release date. I'm going to be damn disappointed if I can pre-order on 9/1!

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad to see that the Bionic is a bit thinner than the Charge and Thunderbolt. I hope to have the phone in my hands by Friday!

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Well now. I compared the Charge, T Bolt and Revolution at a phone site that had the dimensions last month and I think the Charge was the smallest of the 3. So this makes the Bionic the smallest of all 4.

Nice.

Maybe cuz it hasnt officially came out in the US yet. *Not counting the Samsung press conference today, since this stuff was already printed up before today.*

Well, i didn't look into the other phones on that page but wouldn't it not be listed because its not even a Verizon phone? :)