What am I doing wrong?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had an S20 for three months, got a nice trade in deal on it for my Pixel 3. The first month or so was pretty good. Then I started having issues. The touch response was not good often having to touch the screen multiple times to get anything to happen and sometimes it would move or activate a part of the screen a full finger width away from where I was touching.

So I got a replacement from Samsung Care and it's the same story. All I have on it is the screen protector that comes on it. But it is getting just downright frustrating to use. Sometimes the lag/response is so bad it doesn't pick up all the taps when typing and I get a hodgepodge of letters. I was able to turn off glide typing and that helped but I do use that some and when I need it I don't have it on now. I'm tired of tapping apps and swiping multiple times to get the thing to respond.

I run nova launcher with a pixel icon pack that I like, I don't have a crazy amount of apps and I don't do a ton of gaming. So the hardware should be more than capable of keeping up. I've toggled the screen sensitivity settings and played with other settings with no resolution. I finally couldn't take it anymore and went back to my Pixel 4XL that I am typing this on and it's great. Hasn't missed a tap and is very quick and responsive and a far better experience. All the same apps on it.

Is it just bad luck and I got another phone with a hardware issue or am I doing something wrong or missing a setting I need to change? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
so I'm in safe mode, seems to work fine but like, I can't really test it with any apps hardly because I don't use most of the stock ones on here.

I'm wondering if its nova? Could it be as simple as the launcher? How do I find out what is causing the issue?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
so I'm in safe mode, seems to work fine but like, I can't really test it with any apps hardly because I don't use most of the stock ones on here.

I'm wondering if its nova? Could it be as simple as the launcher? How do I find out what is causing the issue?
Ok, for Nova just use the stock launcher as default see if still happening, for other apps you will have uninstall one at time until it goes away if it's not the launcher issue.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
is anybody else using Nova or another third party launcher with Google's gesture navigation without issue? Because the other issue I have is with recents/multitasking. Its a bit jenky and I can only flip one screen at a time. Sometimes it takes up the whole screen like you are in the app too.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
also, this is the slickest screen I've ever used with this factory screen protector. I think part of the problem is my finger or thumb slides past the touch point half the time. Anybody else feel that way? Can I take it off without ruining the screen?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
is anybody else using Nova or another third party launcher with Google's gesture navigation without issue? Because the other issue I have is with recents/multitasking. Its a bit jenky and I can only flip one screen at a time. Sometimes it takes up the whole screen like you are in the app too.
Yes recent app with Nova and google gestures is bit wonky, if you use samsung gestures no issue, it google gestures that cause the issue and probably need to be fixed in a update.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes recent app with Nova and google gestures is bit wonky, if you use samsung gestures no issue, it google gestures that cause the issue and probably need to be fixed in a update.

so the choice is, use One UI if you want to use google gestures, if you want to run Nova or another launcher, stick to the buttons or samsung gestures?

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Just an FYI. I'm Using Nova with One UI gestures Swipe up replaced the 3 icons at the bottom of the screen. Seems to be working fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae