What are some of the features on the V20 that are better than you expected?

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I have owned my V20 for just over 2 months now. There are a few features that the V20 offers that I now use much more than I originally expected when I first bought the phone:

I never used an IR Blaster before. I have come to love this feature and use it daily.
The 32 bit Quad DAC. I was never a big music person. The DAC made me buy bookshelf speakers and a higher quality ear buds to appreciate the better sound that the DAC offers.
The manual modes on the camera. I was always afraid to try taking pictures that were not on an automatic mode. The V20 is not difficult to figure out.
I am with AT&T with DirecTV and am able to stream live TV and other programs including sports on my phone. Very very nice for sports.
The user friendly adaptability that the V20 and Nougat offers.
The overall speed of the 820 Snapdragon processor compared to that of my older 805 Snapdragon Note 4.
The second screen is very nice.
These are the main features that I did not expect when I first bought the LG V20.

What are some of your very own features that you did NOT expect to love after your original purchase?

Last edited:

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Second screen. I mean, I don't use it often but I never thought I'd even use it at all. Honestly I originally only got the v20 due to the note 7 BS, I didn't like the s7 edge when I was using it as a temp between note 7 v1 and v2 and on top of it there have been reports of the s7 edges flaring up as well so not worth the safety risk around my child, soon to be children.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I knew I'd love the replaceable battery and ir blaster as I've enjoyed these features before, but performance is shockingly good on the v20. It really makes my s7 edge hard to use anymore. I can't fathom why Samsung, with all their resources, can't make a phone that is in the same league performance wise as the v20.

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
The camera, and audio were much nicer that I thought coming from a G3. I thought the camera on the G3 wasn't too bad but after carrying both around for a bit, I see the major difference. I never expected the audio to be so good either. And I've also been using the second-screen a lot as well after initially not seeing too much use to it.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I think the 32 bit Quad DAC is my favourite feature. I've been switching around with headphones going from my original crappie $8 Philips earpods, to the B&O earpods from LG. Then I got a pair of Sony Mdr-zx780dc from Costco, but didn't like the sound quite as much, so I'm waiting for my mdr-100abn headphones in blue get here from Amazon, then I can return my other headphones to Costco for the original price. The Mdr-100abn headphones were on sale when I got them, they were $350, but I got them for $200. I wanted to originally get the Mdr1000x or Bose QC35 headphones, but they were a bit more then I wanted to spend.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I knew I'd love the replaceable battery and ir blaster as I've enjoyed these features before, but performance is shockingly good on the v20. It really makes my s7 edge hard to use anymore. I can't fathom why Samsung, with all their resources, can't make a phone that is in the same league performance wise as the v20.
You also got to factor in the fact that the v20 is running nougat and s7 edge, as of yet, is still on marshmallow, well unless you went beta, but I don't count that. Though Samsung has a tendency to over "feature"there phones to a point where package disablers are almost required. Honestly I think that even when nougat comes out for the s7 series, performance wise, the v20 will still be better.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Battery performance was a lot better than I expected (thanks to android 7.0). Hifi DAC is amazing, definitely an upgrade from the S7. Wide angle lens is fun to use. Knock screen to wake should be standard on all Android phones.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Battery performance when phone not in use is amazing. The first night when I went to bed phone was at 100%. Still 100% in the morning! I sync everything so my phones usually lose 10-15% overnight. There were 2 emails waiting in the morning too so syncing did continue during down time with face down on shelf.

Screen looked great until I watched OA on Netflix. Picture looked all washed out. Damn phone needs Oled.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Battery performance when phone not in use is amazing. The first night when I went to bed phone was at 100%. Still 100% in the morning! I sync everything so my phones usually lose 10-15% overnight. There were 2 emails waiting in the morning too so syncing did continue during down time with face down on shelf.

Screen looked great until I watched OA on Netflix. Picture looked all washed out. Damn phone needs Oled.

10-15 overnight? That sounds super excessive :eek:.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
10-15 overnight? That sounds super excessive :eek:.
Agreed but it is what I got with every phone I've owned. Lightflow on, syncing 5 email. addy's, social media, wifi and Bluetooth on all night. I remember when my Note 3 was new I only lost about 6% but that didn't last long. Even in airplane mode I could not maintain 100% charge. It's amazing

I tend to prefer Samsung but this is a damn good phone and pics are better than I expected. Battery life ok in use too.

The first day charging was very slow. Now it charges pretty fast. No idea what that's all. about.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Agreed but it is what I got with every phone I've owned. Lightflow on, syncing 5 email. addy's, social media, wifi and Bluetooth on all night. I remember when my Note 3 was new I only lost about 6% but that didn't last long. Even in airplane mode I could not maintain 100% charge. It's amazing

I tend to prefer Samsung but this is a damn good phone and pics are better than I expected. Battery life ok in use too.

The first day charging was very slow. Now it charges pretty fast. No idea what that's all. about.

I keep everything on as well (2 emails but they get a good amount), apps, Google stuff, etc. and I only get around 2% or so a night drop. Sometimes 3. I don't keep BT off since no real need when sleeping but WiFi does stay on and stay connected to T-Mobile's WiFi calling.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
many people report numbers like yours. I never did. I do sync 2 weather widgets that refresh rapidly. Bottom line is now I get numbers like yours. never did before. Razr maxx hd also loses 10 to 15 overnight but it's screen on times dwarf every other phone I've owned including this one.

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I expected the sound quality to be good, and it was even better than I expected.

I expected the second screen to be useless, but the notifications, clock, and audio controls are actually useful.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ILTAFGICHKI