What brand & class of SD card is T-Mobile giving free with Samsung phones?

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile's website shows a special promotion on the Samsung S7 and S7 Edge where they are giving away a "Samsung Gear VR or a 256GB memory card" with purchase of those phones.
(I think the price of the phone will drop soon, but if I can get a $100+ SD card for free instead, that might be worth it.)

Does anyone know what brand of SD card T-Mobile is including with this promotion, and which class it is (class 2, 4, 6, 10 or UHS class 1 or 3)?

I'd rather buy my own smaller size SD card if the free card is a bargain brand or less than class 10/UHS 1.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I dug around a little more on TMobile's site and found a link to a Samsung Promotion site to register for the free gifts.

From the photo on that page, it looks like the free SD card is a red Samsung Evo+ 256GB SD card with class 10 UHS-3 speed support.
A bit overkill on speed since the phone probably can't even read or write that fast, but it shouldn't hurt.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
This is actually a Samsung promotion, available to multiple carriers and even unlocked phones bought from Samsung.

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I dug around a little more on TMobile's site and found a link to a Samsung Promotion site to register for the free gifts.

From the photo on that page, it looks like the free SD card is a red Samsung Evo+ 256GB SD card with class 10 UHS-3 speed support.
A bit overkill on speed since the phone probably can't even read or write that fast, but it shouldn't hurt.

You mean the SD card might not be fast enough for the phone. The phones reads and writes faster than any micro SD on the market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy