What can I Do? My Phones' Power and Volume Buttons are BROKEN!!!

James_Hudson

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
Hello, my phone is a Motorola G8 Power Lite running Android 9. Last Wednesday (11/11/2020) I spilt a lot of water onto my phone and it actually got under the screen and into the device itself. I let it dry until yesterday (16/11/2020) when it was fully dry. I plugged it in and let it charge until the battery was full. It has kept a charge and seems to work perfectly well apart from one thing...

The volume buttons and power button on the side do not work. When pressed the up volume button registers as a down and the down volume button registers the same as normal. These rather annoyingly are set off at random points in time when I do not press them but that is okay as I can still change my volume from the actual OS anyway.

The power button however does not work. It sometimes does register but other time does not, which becomes annoying when I want to lock or power off my device but cannot. I can lock the screen using apps from the Google Play Store. But I have downloaded apps that allow you to power off the device but unfortunately these require rooting it which is something I am not comfortable on doing. I can sometimes get the power button to work by bashing it against a soft surface such as a mattress or pillow but this does not always work. Is there any way to do this through the OS' settings itself or will I have to root my phone.

Thank You,

James Hudson

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't believe there's any way to power the phone on using software. I recommend bringing the phone to a repair shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol