What case should I get?

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I really like my Galaxy Nexus without a case but I still think its needs one just in case anything happens. I was looking at the otter boxes but was unsure if they were really good. What case do you guys think would be best for a Galaxy Nexus.

multo

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what kind you're looking for. I prefer tpu style cases because I use the extended battery. My list of cases include, in order of preference:

Sgp ultra capsule
Mercury
Diztronic
Capdase

All are thin as I don't want a bulky unit

Sent from a Nexus

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the white sgp capsule and matte black diztronic for standard battery. Both are great. Diztronic fits better though.

Sent from my GSM Nexus

codejinchu

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I like the cruzerlite models, they have a great feel to them n have the android mascot on the back. They come in all sort of colors. Plus their cheap and don't give the phone too much girth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

harryzwd

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Diztronic. It's thin, good texture, looks good...it will protect your phone from most daily wear and tear. As for drops? I don't think any case will save you.

hotdoggnboi

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I got the Otterbox Commuter case for mine. didn't bother to apply the screen protector, since I don't do a lot that will damage the screen, and I didn't want any film distortion on it when viewed stuff.

iukreegs

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the puregear hard shell case with belt clip and kickstand.

It's very slim but wouldn't protect as well as the otterbox. I got it to work with the extended battery by leaving the back casing off and taping over the holes where the kickstand pops out so there's no part of the back of the phone left uncovered.

wongl0786

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
For me I like to use a Diztronic case I got on Amazon. It costs just under 10 dollars, and it gives great protection all around while keeping it light and slim. Very importantly, it rises above the screen, so it will protect from face down drops. If you're not convinced, it comes with a free screen protector :)
Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible *Revision 3* TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Nexus (SCH-i515 & GT-i9250 & SPH-L700) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories