• Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

What connection technology supports touch feedback to my Nexus 5x?

A

AC Question

what connection technology supports touch feedback to my nexus 5x

I have a nexus 5X there are a few ways to get the device to send video and audio output to a screen, but what can send touch back to the phone? I would like to monut a 7" touch screen into my car and use that as the phone interface. I dont want any stupid apps of limited functionality I just want my phone interface on a larger screen and a way to control it without having to touch the phone.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Re: what connection technology supports touch feedback to my nexus 5x

Well there's Android Auto, BUT I think the car has to support it, I don't think you can just buy a generic screen and then get it to work. HOWEVER they might sell and after market solution that gets installed by a professional. It does exactly what you are looking for....

Android Auto: The ultimate guide | Android Central

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Re: what connection technology supports touch feedback to my nexus 5x

Additional info! I found info in the Google Android Auto Website that lists a couple stereo manufacturers as well as auto makers, in their list of vendors. I have read that you CAN get stereo's (with displays) that support Android Auto! Here's a link to the page, just scroll down....

https://www.android.com/auto/