What do I tell my friends with IPHONES to change in IMESSAGE so I can get their stupid pictures!!!

TnTWalter

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I have google voice on Nexus 5. Never get group messages but I don't think there's a fix...but I never get pictures and I have several that send pictures.
I've read t hey have to change their setting for me what do I tell them to do? Thanks so much.

Trish

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have google voice on Nexus 5. Never get group messages but I don't think there's a fix...but I never get pictures and I have several that send pictures.
I've read t hey have to change their setting for me what do I tell them to do? Thanks so much.

Trish

Google Voice can only receive picture messages from Sprint and T-Mobile numbers. Google Voice cannot sent picture messages.

I believe group messages are sent via MMS which Google Voice does not support. There is no native workaround.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Trish

Both group messages and pictures messages use the MMS protocol, which (unless something has changed recently) Google Voice doesn't support. I don't know that there is anything that they can change on their end, other than to send you an email w/ attachment rather than a picture message.

Perhaps you could get them to use Hangouts instead of text messages...? I have several friends/family memebers that I use Hangouts exclusively with and we love it. Does group messages and you can send pictures as well. Just an idea.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
...or use regular SMS/MMS in Google Hangouts instead of Google Voice.

Posted via Android Central App