What do you do if there are two person with same first name and last name contact?

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Example: if you have two friends with the same name John Smith, how do you put them into the contact list and know how to differentiate them? Any good tips to organize contact list?

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Example: if you have two friends with the same name John Smith, how do you put them into the contact list and know how to differentiate them? Any good tips to organize contact list?

Both contacts are coloured differently. If that is not enough to differentiate them, you could change up/edit the name of one or just add the 'Nikname' field (although, this requires a click into the contact.

joice33

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey!
I had the same problem which you have talked about. Then I took a clear plan. I put the name and save it onto my mobile like this John Smith (Dhaka) and another one John Smith (Barisal) then problem is solved.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Both contacts are coloured differently. If that is not enough to differentiate them, you could change up/edit the name of one or just add the 'Nikname' field (although, this requires a click into the contact.
What do you mean coloured differently? I am using Samsung S4, it seems like all contacts in the people (head and shoulder) icon app do not have color setting

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean coloured differently? I am using Samsung S4, it seems like all contacts in the people (head and shoulder) icon app do not have color setting

Touchwiz is very different. On my Nexus 5 (running 5.0), every contact, of the same name at least, is coloured different. Here are 3 John Smith's (the contacts only contain the name, which is the same):

Screenshot_2014-12-02-19-42-06~2.jpg\

EDIT: Interestingly, after taking the screenshot, they colours changed to purple, red and blue respectively. Perhaps this was to better differentiate from eachother and the precceding and following contact (which are both green).

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I think color is not really useful, it seems like just a random color that is assigned by the phone. And when only looking at the colors, I still do not know who is the John Smith in that color, unless I remembered which John Smith have which color.

joice33

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Color isn't the factor here! Though their name is same but the contact and email is different totally. So you'll check their contact details when you'll move to contact them or anything.