What happens to the OE Home once Go Launcher EX is installed?

Clandestine

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Once you download the Go Launcher EX and install, what happens to the OE Home, features, widgets, etc...? Can they be recovered?

Thanks
The Newbie (Clandestine) :cool:

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
They are all still there. If you look at running apps your original launcher is still running. If you left your homescreen set up with widgets prior to switching, they are actually still updating behind the scenes even if you can't see them.

sharksfan7

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
They are all still there. If you look at running apps your original launcher is still running. If you left your homescreen set up with widgets prior to switching, they are actually still updating behind the scenes even if you can't see them.

Oh, that's interesting. I just installed Go Launcher the other day and have been playing around with it. I like it so far, but wish some of the HTC widgets would work, especially the toggle widgets for WiFi, Mobile Network & GPS. Never occurred to me that widgets on the Sense home screens would still be updating. So it would probably be a good idea to remove those widgets if I'm not going to be using Sense?

Clandestine

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi!!

Thanks for the replies...
Newboyx, would that mean that if I uninstall Go Launcher the old launcher would still be there with widgtes and all? :cool:

sharksfan7

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi!!

Thanks for the replies...
Newboyx, would that mean that if I uninstall Go Launcher the old launcher would still be there with widgtes and all? :cool:

Forgive me for answering a question directed at Newboyx, but yes, Sense will still be there. As a matter of fact you can just exit out of Go Launcher and you'll see that Sense is still right there exactly as you left it. From the Go Launcher homescreen tap Menu>Preferences and scroll down to bottom and you'll see Exit. Tap that and you're back to Sense. Tap Home and it'll ask you which you want to use, Go Launcher or Sense.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me for answering a question directed at Newboyx, but yes, Sense will still be there. As a matter of fact you can just exit out of Go Launcher and you'll see that Sense is still right there exactly as you left it. From the Go Launcher homescreen tap Menu>Preferences and scroll down to bottom and you'll see Exit. Tap that and you're back to Sense. Tap Home and it'll ask you which you want to use, Go Launcher or Sense.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcweir