What is a good Tablet for reading + watching movies?

Jamal Jan1

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Need suggestion on purchasing tablet for reading + watching movies

hello everyone... I'm planning to purchase a tablet. Basic need is to read stuff...most probably pdf files and magazines as well as watching movies and documentaries. I'm a fan of big screens so 10" tablet will not be good for me. Need something bigger. Budget is around 600-700 USD. Please advise.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Need suggestion on purchasing tablet for reading + watching movies

Welcome to the forums. There aren't many tablets that are bigger than 10". Samsung has a 12', but I think that is more that you plan on spending.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

A laptop or Chromebook might be large enough and fit your budget. (There are laptops up to about 17", although those are out of your price range.) The HP 14" Chromebook is about $300. The Toshiba 13.5" (not really much smaller) is under $225.

Jamal Jan1

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

hi again everyone...i've still not purchase the tablet but now am finally thinking of buying one...as I plan to watch all of the movies/documentaries and heaven knows what other stuff that I've downloaded.

I think purchasing a tablet for this purpose would be the best since carrying heavy laptops everywhere would not be a good idea.

The issue I find with most tablets is their limited storage capacity. So, I need to purchase a tablet which has Usb on the Go OR 64/128 sd-card reading capacity.

Other then that I don't think there is anything specific which I would want...I'm confused about the RAM...will 1GB be enough or should I go for higher capacity?

Budget is around 300-400 USD..but the lesser the better :D

Thanks for your time :)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

If you want it to be enormous, there isn't a good one to recommend over 9 or 10". The best tablet available by far IMO is the Nvidia Shield tablet, but it is only an 8" tablet. It's also only $299 which makes it almost 2:1 the best value out there. It does include a MicroSD slot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12