What is a Good Value Phone to Use with Straight Talk?

nico888

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I currently have a straight talk plan and use a moto e. I am not happy with the moto e and need a better phone. Here is what I want-
1. Moto e has very limited memory so I can only have a very limited number of apps on my phone. I bought a memory card for the moto e and it is basically useless because you cant keep apps on the memory card. So I want a phone with more memory.
2. The moto e takes forever to update my emails. I believe that because my available memory on the moto e is so low, the syncing of my emails is slow. So I need a phone with more memory so I can get to my emails quicker.
3. I would like a phone that has front and back facing camera with a flash.
4. I would like to keep the cost of the upgrade phone to be less than $100. I would be okay with a good quality used phone.
5. I think I would like to stay with the straight talk plan, so I would like a phone that is compatible with it.
6. If you could provide me with links to phones that meet my requirements and that are currently for sale, that would be helpful. I don’t have a lot of experience with getting the best deal on smart phones. So even a link to a good used phone selling on ebay or craigslist would be helpful. I live in central new jersey. Verizon has had the best coverage in my area.
Can you tell me the steps that I need to take to switch the phone too. Thank you for your help.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Any of the top Android or IOS phones should work as long as they are carrier friendly. I haven't been on Straight Talk in a couple of years but I used Verizon and AT&T phones successfully.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Less than $100 for a new phone with more storage (memory is RAM, which isn't your problem) is almost impossible. For a used phone, check Swappa.

Straight Talk uses all 4 carriers so any phone is compatible with it - but the question is which carrier gives solid coverage every place you need coverage? That's the one you go with. (Straight Talk is a virtual network operator, not a carrier.)

(It's possible - but rare - to find a good buy on Ebay. It's usually not possible to find one on Craig's List. And you need someone local, so that Verizon - if that's whom you choose, and where you'll meet to buy the phone - can verify that the phone is acceptable for [and usable on] Straight Talk. Not all Verizon phones are - and if you want Verizon, it has to be a Verizon phone.)

nico888

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Less than $100 for a new phone with more storage (memory is RAM, which isn't your problem) is almost impossible. For a used phone, check Swappa.

Straight Talk uses all 4 carriers so any phone is compatible with it - but the question is which carrier gives solid coverage every place you need coverage? That's the one you go with. (Straight Talk is a virtual network operator, not a carrier.)

(It's possible - but rare - to find a good buy on Ebay. It's usually not possible to find one on Craig's List. And you need someone local, so that Verizon - if that's whom you choose, and where you'll meet to buy the phone - can verify that the phone is acceptable for [and usable on] Straight Talk. Not all Verizon phones are - and if you want Verizon, it has to be a Verizon phone.)

Thanks for the info. Is there a list, or some way to find which specific verizon phones will work with straight talk? i could focus my search if i knew of some verizon phones that definitely work on straight talk

nico888

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
How about this one?
Alcatel | ALCATEL-ONETOUCH-IDOL-SMARTPHONE-Unlocked
A little above your 100 dollar price range tho...

hi. thank you for the recommendation. is there a way to tell if this alcatel is a verizon phone? i want to use verizon towers on the straight talk plan. or, does the fact that it is unlocked, mean that it will work on straight talk? but would i know that the unlocked alcatel would use verizon through straight talk?