What is Android/.obj/.um/sysid.dat?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Back when I was using an old Android 7 I found a new folder beside the 3 usual folders in Android directory. Data, obb and media
Then there was a 4th one called .obj when opened it had another folder called .um then a file "sysid.dat" I went with it thinking it was a system related file
But today I was curious about what it really was so I searched

All AVs apps and online checkers had 0% malware red flags and nothing was detected

But according to users on different forums it is some kind of spyware that you get by downloading shady apps from unkown sources

But for my case
I got it right after updating to android 7

The file however never had any negative effects on my phone and its last modification was on 2020-1-8

But I am still really paranoid about my old phone having hidden malware through my 3 years of use because I copied everything to my new phone and fear it might have also caught that spyware because of that

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you might have hit par on this one too.

Honestly it can be frustrating because, how many times have we simply did a web search to find the answer, that anyone could have found, but instead went the extra distance to post here only to disappear forever?

It's still day one. Probably shouldn't be pessimistic yet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you might have hit par on this one too.

Honestly it can be frustrating because, how many times have we simply did a web search to find the answer, that anyone could have found, but instead went the extra distance to post here only to disappear forever?

It's still day one. Probably shouldn't be pessimistic yet.

Oh well. I always figure that it's helpful to put the information out there, even if the OP disappears into the ether, so that anyone else searching for this issue might find this.:)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci