what is everyone seeing for battery life?

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
From my usage I could probably eek out 2 days. I'm usually up from 7 in the morning until around 10 at night and the battery is usually in the high 50% range when I put it on the charger.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
From my usage I could probably eek out 2 days. I'm usually up from 7 in the morning until around 10 at night and the battery is usually in the high 50% range when I put it on the charger.

That is a lot more than what I'm seeing, although I've only had mine a couple of days, and since it's new the first few days are not indicative of normal usage.

Do you have some settings turned off, like Gestures, etc.?

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Doing a little battery test today. Put the watch on around midnight with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on. It's almost 5PM here now and I'm at 75%.

Couldn't sleep last night so what the heck it's a three day weekend.

hagar852

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
The GPS is on but I'm not using it. I don't believe that it functions of your not using something that requires location though and no gestures are turned on.

What watch face are you using? Any weather complications on the face? That will have an affect on battery life as well

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The GPS is on but I'm not using it. I don't believe that it functions of your not using something that requires location though and no gestures are turned on.

I would think with just the radio being on that it would be using a minimum amount of juice per hour even without being used actively. I'd at least turn it off for one day and see if it made a difference.

ryanovelo

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I have no idea why anyone would buy this watch and turn LTE off. LTE is the ENTIRE point of this watch. If you don't use LTE, buy something else that is upgradeable to AW 2.0 or wait a few short weeks for the plethora of other AW 2.0 non-LTE watches to hit the market.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea why anyone would buy this watch and turn LTE off. LTE is the ENTIRE point of this watch. If you don't use LTE, buy something else that is upgradeable to AW 2.0 or wait a few short weeks for the plethora of other AW 2.0 non-LTE watches to hit the market.

It's not the entire point of this watch. It's a great watch with GPS, Barometer and other useful tools and it's on 2.0. It's better than the new Apple Watch by several reviews I've read. I don't go without my phone and if I did I could handle the 20 minutes on a run without being "connected".

E60351

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Because I don't subscribe to att or verizon for starters but still like this watch.

ryanovelo

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I guess. Still, there are many many other non LTE GPS/Bluetooth watches. Not many AW 2.0 at this point but those will be everywhere soon. The sole reason this watch is so big and chunky is the SIM card slot/battery size. The battery wouldn't need to be this size if not for LTE.

E60351

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I guess. Still, there are many many other non LTE GPS/Bluetooth watches. Not many AW 2.0 at this point but those will be everywhere soon. The sole reason this watch is so big and chunky is the SIM card slot/battery size. The battery wouldn't need to be this size if not for LTE.

This size? I believe last year's urbane 2 was larger. They skimped on battery for both watches this generation. But between the larger screen and ram and probably the os it's not too great on the battery.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
This size? I believe last year's urbane 2 was larger. They skimped on battery for both watches this generation. But between the larger screen and ram and probably the os it's not too great on the battery.
The Urbane 2 is "tolerable" but still not great for battery life. I've had mine for 15 months and it seems to be losing more these days. Would be nice if the Sport and Urbane 2 could go at least 24 hours with LTE. The Urbane 2 isn't bigger, has the same screen size and same RAM as the Sport but a slightly bigger battery. Still love it for tracking runs without my phone and still have cell capabilities, but longer battery would be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox