What is going on with my Droid maxx 2?

A

AC Question

Multiple issues just appeared out of nowhere. Home button does not work. Search button (the square) that allows you to switch between open windows does not work. Phone is set to lock with pattern, doesn't lock when power button is pushed or screen times out. Notification bar pulls down, but will not pull down for the whole page of options (wifi settings, USB, flashlight, etc). Have tried off and on, soft reboot, endless hours of googling. Last option is factory reset, but don't want to lose pictures. Cannot transfer them to PC because I cannot change USB setting. No recent apps downloaded, nothing shows up on antivirus scans. Going insane, HELP!!!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You could try something to help diagnosing the problem. Go to settings - users - switch to 'guest' and see if there's any difference when swiping down from the status bar. Switch back to 'owner' and pull down the notification shade again. Tell us how it goes for further assistance.

Better if you create a free account here at Android Central so you can reply in your thread instead of creating a new one.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
As helpful as we can be and we WILL try, you might just need the pro(s) on this one. You can try your carrier, Verizon???? OR Motorola.....

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...prod_answer_detail/a_id/108392/p/30,6720,9391
Yeah, maybe it's a problem that can't be fixed very easily from the forums, but ...

There's a funny bug affecting few devices after Marshmallow and the 'symptoms' are similar. If that's the case there's an easy fix that has worked for several users here in the forums. The process I posted will give us a definitive clue in this direction.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, maybe it's a problem that can't be fixed very easily from the forums, but ...

There's a funny bug affecting few devices after Marshmallow and the 'symptoms' are similar. If that's the case there's an easy fix that has worked for several users here in the forums. The process I posted will give us a definitive clue in this direction.

Listen to this man he sounds like he knows! :) Hopefully we'll get you all fixed up. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech