What is the camera quality like in the Nexus 6P?

Haythom

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Question regarding the Camera quality In Nexus 6p

Hello,

I love the camera Of this Phone and It takes so good photos

But my question Is : The quality of this phone will be the same and the same performance If I bought It from any country ?? I mean for example the camera will stay the same great quality as I can see here In the topic of Nexus 6p Photos ??

Friend Of mine will buy It for me from Malaysia soon or It's better to order It from Europe ??

Haythom

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Question regarding the Camera quality In Nexus 6p

Yes It should be but It's for sure the same ? Or It can be not the same quality ?

Anyone guys can confirm this to me ? specially the camera quality

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

The camera will be the same, the only thing that might be different are the radio bands although I think there are only two versions of that, US and everybody else, but I'm not sure if there are more variants then that. You should buy the phone directly from Google or Huawei so that you get a proper warranty.

Haythom

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

The camera will be the same, the only thing that might be different are the radio bands although I think there are only two versions of that, US and everybody else, but I'm not sure if there are more variants then that. You should buy the phone directly from Google or Huawei so that you get a proper warranty.

Yes I'm aware that there Is two versions of this phone North America version (A1) and Rest of World version (A2)

I will get the one (A2) From Huawei In Malaysia but I was worry from the Camera quality to be not the same and the Phone in general not be the same performance like the one I get from Europe.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Both versions have the exact same hardware and software, other than the different radio bands that are supported (radio baseband). There will be zero difference in the overall operation of the phone, including the camera performance.

Haythom

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

Both versions have the exact same hardware and software, other than the different radio bands that are supported (radio baseband). There will be zero difference in the overall operation of the phone, including the camera performance.

Thank you for your answer :)

But my main question was If i bought version (A2) From Malaysia it will be the same performance and quality specially The camera like the same version (A2) that I can buy from Europe ? Or It will be not good like the one from Europe ?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for your answer :)

But my main question was If i bought version (A2) From Malaysia it will be the same performance and quality specially The camera like the same version (A2) that I can buy from Europe ? Or It will be not good like the one from Europe ?

LeoRex answered that question in the post that you quoted. Same hardware and software. Are you expecting that the devices that don't pass quality control but are "close enough" will get shipped to your country? Doesn't work like that.

Haythom

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

LeoRex answered that question in the post that you quoted. Same hardware and software. Are you expecting that the devices that don't pass quality control but are "close enough" will get shipped to your country? Doesn't work like that.

I was afraid and think that the phone can be not the same quality if I bought It from Malaysia or China and not like the same quality If I bought from Italy or Germany for example beacuse I think each country has different factories.

renegad3

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Hello,

I love the camera Of this Phone and It takes so good photos

But my question Is : The quality of this phone will be the same and the same performance If I bought It from any country ?? I mean for example the camera will stay the same great quality as I can see here In the topic of Nexus 6p Photos ??

Friend Of mine will buy It for me from Malaysia soon or It's better to order It from Europe ??

What makes you think it would perform differently depending on where you buy it from?
Its all made by the same manuf. and ships with the same software.
Have you seen evidence anywhere that suggests it behaves differently when purchased from one region compared to another?

Same hardware + same software = same performance, regardless of purchase region.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I was afraid and think that the phone can be not the same quality if I bought It from Malaysia or China and not like the same quality If I bought from Italy or Germany for example beacuse I think each country has different factories.

Ah... I see. There are plenty of products being sold that vary in quality and fit and finish based on where they are purchased. Too often, this is due to the product actually being a counterfeit knock-off of the actual product. There are a LOT of fake smartphones in the market today. I found a site a while back, wish I would have bookmarked it, but it had a bunch of fakes... Samsung Note 4's, iPhones, etc... all with extremely cheap hardware, shoddy materials, etc.

The Nexus 6P is manufactured by Huawei... every Nexus 6P is manufactured by Huawei... and they are all made to the exact same specifications laid out by Google. One purchased in Kuala Lumpur should be exactly the same as one in New York, London, Mumbai or Sydney (other than the slightly different radio bands mentioned ealier).

If it isn't... less RAM than it is supposed to, less storage or a different processor, etc. it's not authentic.

Haythom

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

What makes you think it would perform differently depending on where you buy it from?
Its all made by the same manuf. and ships with the same software.
Have you seen evidence anywhere that suggests it behaves differently when purchased from one region compared to another?

Same hardware + same software = same performance, regardless of purchase region.

Thank you for your answer I was worry to buy It and found It not perform as It should be.

Ah... I see. There are plenty of products being sold that vary in quality and fit and finish based on where they are purchased. Too often, this is due to the product actually being a counterfeit knock-off of the actual product. There are a LOT of fake smartphones in the market today. I found a site a while back, wish I would have bookmarked it, but it had a bunch of fakes... Samsung Note 4's, iPhones, etc... all with extremely cheap hardware, shoddy materials, etc.

The Nexus 6P is manufactured by Huawei... every Nexus 6P is manufactured by Huawei... and they are all made to the exact same specifications laid out by Google. One purchased in Kuala Lumpur should be exactly the same as one in New York, London, Mumbai or Sydney (other than the slightly different radio bands mentioned ealier).

If it isn't... less RAM than it is supposed to, less storage or a different processor, etc. it's not authentic.

Thank you so much LeoRex your reply answered all the questions :)