what is the date on your calendar app icon on the home screen?

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Mine says 28 and I just thought that was a picture but on my LG v40 it's got the actual number of the day for example today would be 23 and that's what my calendar app icon says on my LG v40 which I only use now for listening to books. So I went through Samsung and tried to have them help me and they had no idea what to do and they wanted to do some kind of reset and I said no way. Because he said I will lose all my custom items but not my data and I wasn't going to take that chance. So I looked on the Samsung store and sure enough is a picture of the calendar app with the number 28 on it and I'm wondering what number you all have on your icon for the calendar app? The picture is from the LG v40. 17002.jpg

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Hello? Is anyone out there? Is there any response to this? Do any of you have this app and icon that says 28 and does not update by day?

Is there a way to search the titles in the S21 section so that I could see if something I'm asking about was already asked and answered?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't necessarily have the exact same phone or Android version, but my Galaxy A32 5G shows the correct date in the Samsung Calendar icon. You're not using a 3rd party launcher, right?

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I use Google as well but its always on 31.... Is there something i need to do in settings?

I didn't do anything. Just installed and the date was correct. I had a quick look in settings but can't see anything.

Edit: what launcher do you use? It seems this might play a part. I use nova which allows the icon to show the correct date.

Last edited:

RoseBud68

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Remove the Calendar icon from the home screen and add it back. Long shot but it could do the trick. Also, see if it displays the correct date in the app drawer.

Did just that and still nothing. This is the Google calendar we talking about. The samsung calendar shows the correct date.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Can you try using nova launcher to see if it makes a difference? I don't know about the stock launcher (I installed nova on the day I set my phone up) so it may not support the dynamic icon.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Didn't do a screen shot. I checked the app draw to see if the samsung one showed the date.

The Google Calendar icon does not show the correct date with the stock Samsung Launcher. It defaults to 31.
You would need to install other launcher that supports this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol