What is the function of the light around the power button on the lg g2?

A

AC Question

My phone did some update on it's own last week. My icons have a new appearance and the colors are changed. Now the power button light flashes every 13 seconds

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

They'd probably know about that in the G2 forum....I recommend joining as a member so that you can post there. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Frank Novaski

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Found the answer to my question

LG G2 lets you uses an LED light on the top front of the device and one at the back side (around the power button). To customize the Notifications to be informed by these LED lights, go to Settings > Display > Notification LED, make sure the feature is enabled and enable/disable following items:

For Front Side LED: Incoming call, Missed call, Missed messages, Missed LG emails, Missed cell broadcast messages, Alarm, Calendar notification, and Battery charging.

For Back Side LED: Incoming call, In call, and Alarm.

09.-How-to-Customize-LED-Lights-for-Notifications-on-LG-G2 Go to settings>Display>scroll down to Notification Led and tap>Rear Led and deselect all but camera face detection. This will stop the power button LED from flashing

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member.

Glad you've fixed and thanks for sharing. It's surprising how you can go on discovering things about a phone even though you've had it a while. :)

Posted via the Android Central App