What is this app??

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an icon show up on my notification bar it’s blue background with white overlapping squares

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

sambrownrcs

Feb 18, 2023
Visit site
Hi this is the icon
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Is it on the left or right of the status bar? If it's on the left, swipe down the notification panel and look at the details there.

A screenshot would also help: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Hi I think I have attached a photo

Attachments

• A8E7E099-DD85-4791-B1A7-0E1B5B01EB48.jpg
    A8E7E099-DD85-4791-B1A7-0E1B5B01EB48.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Please attach a screenshot of your own phone. A photo of someone else's phone will not get you any answer unless you ask them. Android Central will not help people violate privacy.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No sorry I saw it and didn’t know to swipe down, it is no longer there but I’m not sure what it is. Sorry new to this and older
No worries. In Android, there are generally two types of notifications in that top bar. Status notifications (signal strength, battery level, volume/vibration status, etc) are on the right and require no action. The ones on the left are from your apps and often requesting some sort of action from you. I.e. When you get an email. To access these, you swipe down from the top edge of the screen to pull the shade open and see expanded views of those notifications. They should say what app they are from and preview what it's for. Tapping on it will then open up that app to whatever specific thing it's informing you about. I.e. Taking you to a specific email in your email app. Some can automatically dismiss themselves if it's a time limited notification.

The next time you see this, just swipe down. If you are still unsure, screenshot that (as long as it has no personally identifying info) and we could try to help further. You may also look through your app drawer and find that icon, which would tell you which one it came from. Not every notification icon will match the corresponding app icon, but it is the typical way things work and wouldn't hurt to check.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae