What is this strange transparent arrow in the left bottom corner? It does nothing and won't go away

OverSavior

Dec 16, 2020
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite here. Don't know for how long it's been there, but I accidentally spotted it today. It's a very very faint white circle with an arrow pointing left inside it. I tried to take a screenshot, but it didn't capture it, so had to take a picture.

Rebooting the tablet doesn't remove it and it stays there regardless of what app I open or close. Attempting to tap or drag it does nothing. It also stays in the same place regardless of screen orientation. Any ideas what could this be? Some people say it could be a burned screen, but I almost always have it set to minimum brightness and I don't think any app that I used has a similar button.

Here's what it looks like
m1l16xcqg5j71.png

OverSavior

Dec 16, 2020
Visit site
Thank you, B. Diddy. I just picked it up to try a safe mode boot, and when I looked at that same spot it seem to have disappeared on its own... I'm clueless

OverSavior

Dec 16, 2020
Visit site
Oh, nah, I meant that I noticed it was gone as I was going to try safe mode. As in, I unlocked the tablet and it wasn't there anymore, so I decided that there was no more need to try and safe boot it. Could it have been a "temporary" burn-in, if it's even a thing?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. It's possible that shadow is just image retention, most likely from this keyboard icon.View attachment 336199

I was going to disagree and call it permanent burn in, out of habit because Samsung is almost exclusively AMOLED displays. Then I went to look up the specs and see this tablet is actually a TFT LCD, and now agree it's image retention, which is a different type of problem.

To confirm this, the next time you see this shadowing, load up a white screen. With image retention, this shadowing should disappear. If this were an AMOLED screen with burn in, the shadowing would be even more visible on a white screen, and be discolored.

Good catch, Javier.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Also make sure you dont have accessibility menu on it would be a floating faded white circle , thats in settings>accessibility is it on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the easiest way to confirm Javier P's theory is simply to bring up the keyboard app. Then see if that back arrow lines up exactly with the ghost image.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos