What root apps are you using?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay now that many of us have rooted our phones i was just curious what root app's everyone is using or what one's you would recommend.

Maybe their are some you've tried that you found buggy? Lay em out here and share their glory with everyone.

I'll get it started

Titanium Backup - Bar none is my favorite root app. For anyone looking to flash new rom's this is a must have - Titanium Backup for Android ? Official Site

Rom Manager - Hand and hand app for Titanium. I'm a long time clockworkmod fan although their are several recoveries on the market now. - =http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/ClockworkMod_RecoveryClockworkMod Recovery - XDA-Developers

Wifi Tether - Great for times your not at home or near an internet connection. Allows you to use your computer via your phones internet connection - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Adfree - helps keep all the ad's out of your app's. I do recommend buying pro versions of apps though to support the dev community - AdFree Blocks Ads on Your Rooted Android Phone

Root explorer - Basically gives you access to all your files - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...eedsoftware.rootexplorer&hl=en&token=X4xQRFOW

WifiKill - Just because it's damn funny - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1282900

Sure i have more but i'll give everyone a chance to chime in as well. So lets have em :)

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'd be careful with Rom Manager right now; the CWM recovery for the E4GLTE has been pulled due to a couple of issues. TWRP is the only custom recovery available for us right now, AFAIK.
An alternative to ROM Manager is Goo Manager - works hand-in-hand with TWRP and functions a lot like ROM Manager

Other root apps:
ROM Toolbox - Basically the "Swiss Army Knife" of root apps, has some intriguing memory management functions which some devs are tweaking to try to alleviate some of Sense's multitasking and reloading issues. Pro version available as well.

SetCPU - No overclocking for us yet, but you could use it to set up some battery-saving profiles

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yea i've just been playing around with GooManager recently and it seems pretty smooth. While i'm rooted i still haven't installed a custom rom on my Evo lte.

I'm waiting for a nice aosp to come down the line. (come on CM9)

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Titanium Backup - Backs up everying, need I say more

Wireless Tether - I need to set this up but once I do tethering comes in very handy under the right circumstances

SetCPU - This will be more useful when I get an overclockable kernel, for now it is basically waiting to be used

ROM Manager - I tweaked my memory management settings and my multitasking woes have been all but eliminated. This alone made rooting completely worth it

Root Explorer - Haven't used this either but it I am sure it will come in handy at some point

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen