What Samsung Note 9 Processor works best for traveling between Canada and China?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am confused about how traveling internationally with the Note 9 works, considering it has different processors in different regions.

I am a Canadian living in China but I spend time in Canada each year, and if I buy this phone, I will probably move home while still using it.

Does the phone work effectively in a regions where it is sold with a different processor?

Is one of the processors better for such multi-region usage?

And if both work equally well in either location, are there any other reasons why one is a better choice than the other?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The processors are about equal in a given model, but it's not the processors that have anything to do with which phone works best in both countries, it's the 4G bands that determines it. Find out which bands your carriers (the one in Canada and the one in China) use, then look at the 4G bands at https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note9-9163.php, to see whether the Global or the USA model would be best for you. (Both of them use the Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845, the fastest processor available at the moment - I don't think there are any phones being sold with the 855 yet.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality37