What should I look for during a phone trade ?

yunvi

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I have an iphone 6 and considering trading for a galaxy s6.

I am just wondering what should I look for to verify that I am not receiving a dud...i guess i should say to limit my chances of receiving a dud.

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I have an iphone 6 and considering trading for a galaxy s6.

I am just wondering what should I look for to verify that I am not receiving a dud...i guess i should say to limit my chances of receiving a dud.

Are you "trading" with a friend? Or do you mean you want to trade in your phone to your carrier and get a new phone from them? If the latter, then don't worry about duds or anything else. Get the new phone, and if it works as it should, great. If not, bring it back and exchange for a new one.

My advice ... don't trade w/ a friend, and/or don't buy from anyone other than your carrier or an authorized dealer of the phone you want.

yunvi

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Are you "trading" with a friend? Or do you mean you want to trade in your phone to your carrier and get a new phone from them? If the latter, then don't worry about duds or anything else. Get the new phone, and if it works as it should, great. If not, bring it back and exchange for a new one.

My advice ... don't trade w/ a friend, and/or don't buy from anyone other than your carrier or an authorized dealer of the phone you want.

Trading. But not with a friend.

Thanks for your reply.

Contract not up for another year and a half.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
You might want to look at what the contract buyout might be verses what you can sell the phone for online? Could be a wash or better.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I've never traded phones, but the same logic I do when selling/buying mine still likely applies. Make sure you do the trade at the carrier store. That way you can verify their phone has a clean IMEI and isn't on some payment plan. If it's on a payment plan and they stop paying it after doing the trade, then that phone will get blacklisted. Also, just test out as much as you can to make sure it isn't damaged. It may look perfect on the outside, but who knows how the internals are especially if it ever got in contact with water. Play some audio, test out the mics (phone call, recording, etc), and shoot some pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678