What time will VZW stores open on the 8th?

Eggshen

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if they all open at the same time. Might want to google a store near you, normally the hours show up on a google search.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have information on what time the VZW stores will open on Sept. 8th?

They will open at whatever time they tell you when you call them and ask.
Not to be rude, but do you really need to post that in a forum? Seems like common sense

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's actually a fair question but one that can't be answered on this forum. The reason it's a fair question? When I got my OG Droid, I had asked my local VZW store if they'd be opening early. They said yes that they'd be opening an hour early. I got there 10 minutes before that and found that they had already been opened for an hour. So, even if they tell you a time, it may not be correct. I think it's really up to whoever's working that day and if there's a huge line in front of the door.

lenonine

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.I tried using common sense when the original Droid was launched and found myself not getting any answers from the VZW stores so I thought I would go to a more informed audience here.

dantztiludrop

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, for the OG Droid, my local store opened @ 7am, which made the whole difference in me being able to purchase the phone & still make it to work on time. I was also the 3rd person in line @ 4am, which made a difference too because I didn't have the option of going in late that day.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I never understood waiting in line for something that they probably won't sell out of on the 1st day. I will show up at the Store when they open, if there is a line I will go back to work and try again at lunch.

When I bought the OG I got there when my store opened and there were 40 people in line, I walked over to Mimi's had breakfast and came back when there wasn't a line an hour later and bought the phone and walked out. I asked the VZW employee did he think they were going to sell out of the phone, he replied we still have close to 100 Droid's even after the rush, I hope we do.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
That wasn't my experience. I was in line and my store only got 25 or so. I had to order it and have it mailed to me.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
That wasn't my experience. I was in line and my store only got 25 or so. I had to order it and have it mailed to me.

I guess it depends on the size of the city. I live in San Diego and there are 17 VZW stores within 25 miles and 57 total stores selling VZW within 25 miles. The store I went to is the largest in the city so maybe they just got more than others.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I only have a couple options in my area. The VZW store and Best Buy. I haven't been to our local BJ's in a while to see if the VZW kiosk is still there, but, I'm hoping to get it at Best Buy and get some reward zone points for it. Of course, that's 10am vs 9am if I went to the VZW store...assuming VZW doesn't open early again.

lenonine

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I actually have no VZW stores in my small town. I have to drive to the nearest store (20 miles away) so this becomes a scheduled event for me which is why my interest was growing in the store opening hours. When I bought my original Droid, the store did not have many to supply. I was the first person to walk out of the store with the phone and soon afterwards, they were placing orders. If I am going to plan this event, I want to make sure I walk out with a Bionic.

Eggshen

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I actually have no VZW stores in my small town. I have to drive to the nearest store (20 miles away) so this becomes a scheduled event for me which is why my interest was growing in the store opening hours. When I bought my original Droid, the store did not have many to supply. I was the first person to walk out of the store with the phone and soon afterwards, they were placing orders. If I am going to plan this event, I want to make sure I walk out with a Bionic.

I would call on the 8th and see if they will hold one for you. Just explain it's a long drive etc, I'm sure they will hold it for at least a little bit of time.

mapexonly

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
My local store told me 8:30 ... weird why not 8 or 9 lol early 30 lol kinda lame but I'll be the idiot that's there at 8 waiting for 8:30. I told the lady she better get here early and realize on not casing the place I just want my phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quten