Question What would cause two of my android phones to do a factory reset randomly on their own on the same day?

ThatChickTiff

Jan 28, 2024
Visit site
Yesterday I was on my android phone for at least two hours straight doing different things… I didn’t have any issues the whole time I was holding the phone (which was a Moto G stylus) and had no issues.. it wasn’t until I set my phone down to get a drink... I pick my phone up to see a factory reset screen! I couldn’t stop it nothing would work it completely wiped it.
So then I go get my old android phone, to transfer everything from it, like I had done before.
And to check if everything was backed up to my Google account before I started the transfer..
I powered it up, give it time to boot everything.. I set the phone down beside the Moto phone, I turn my head for five seconds it seems… and before I know it, the factory reset screen is on the Samsung phone as well!!
I’m completely freaked out, I can’t figure it out… I’ve searched and searched online…. Checked all of recent activity on my accounts….
And it apparently wiped everything on my SD card as well, which has never happened.
Weird part is, after the Samsung phone did the factory reset… it has a message saying there was an unauthorized factory reset attempt, asking me to login and verify my ID. So I did that….. but it’s still not preventing it from being reset it still giving me the start instructions.
I feel like someone was watching me through the camera on my phone because the factory reset was initiated the second. I sat both phones down and wasn’t looking at the screens. Am I crazy thinking that’s possible?!!
I’d like some help on figuring out how to get my phone back the way it was, because the only back up I have on my Google account is not a recent when I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_0857.jpeg
    IMG_0857.jpeg
    641.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0853.jpeg
    IMG_0853.jpeg
    854.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0858.jpeg
    IMG_0858.jpeg
    543.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0865.jpeg
    IMG_0865.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My guess is that some app you installed on both phones was causing major system instability, leading to the factory reset. Which app that could be is hard to determine. I would doubt anything malicious, assuming you don't install anything from shady sites, or sideload apk files to avoid paying for an app. Glitchy behavior is almost always due to bugs, rather than a hacker.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29