What would you do?

rickyrick3513

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I currently have a Motorola W385. I know its junk, but I had a Samsung Fascinate which I sold because I did not like it. And when I heard about the HTC Thunderbolt I had to get it. But I have the choice of using my upgrade today to get the Droid X temporarily and than on the 10th, If it comes out, I will exchange my Droid for the Thunderbolt. Is that a good idea? I've also heard a release date of the 17th. That will be out of my 14 days to make an exchange. What would you do? Does anyone have any other information on the release date of the Thunderbolt? Thanks Guys.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
IMO, I would wait.

Verizon will charge you a hefty restocking fee for switching phones. Plus, if the phone doesnt come out within two weeks you're back to square one. I would wait and see what happens by the 17

Reactions: ShaggyKids

rickyrick3513

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
IMO, I would wait.

Verizon will charge you a hefty restocking fee for switching phones. Plus, if the phone doesnt come out within two weeks you're back to square one. I would wait and see what happens by the 17

O k i'll wait but I would get it from Best Buy, and as far as I know they don't charge restocking fees. Or no more than 35$ for a fee. That's not bad for me, but like I said, I will wait.

Whetzel

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree with azdmelain.

You've waited this long. Might as well wait a little longer or you just might find yourself stuck with the Droid X.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
If you have nothing to lose by waiting, then I suggest you wait. I made a mistake of selling my Fascinate to a friend who was in urgent need of a replacement phone and picked up a DInc as a temporary phone. If the Bolt does not get launched within MARCH, I could get screwed. But my local Best Buy has given me a written assurance that they will let me exchange my DInc for the Bolt even after the 30 day exchange period ends on March 19.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree, too. Much as I want to dump my Storm I'm not up for having to mess w/2 phones just to get the one I want. The way it's going without a release date it's real iffy that you'll be able to get the TB if they don't cut it loose. I don't have the time to switch my stuff over to one phone let alone two and I don't want to wind up with additional fees that I might not know about ahead of time. The TB is going to cost enough as it is.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I wish I had not sold my Fascinate but a good friend of mine broke her Droid and needed a replacement phone so I offered her my Fascinate, believing the Bolt would launch on 2/24. I would have not been so anxious then.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I would stick with my crummy phone until a certain date. This date is one that YOU set and feel comfortable with. One that you think you can use your crummy phone until.

On THAT date, get a new phone. If the TB is out, get it. If not, go with another phone you also like that IS out.

My cut off date for waiting for the Thunderbolt is March 17th, 2011. I'll have a new Android phone on that date. May be a TB, may be a Droid Incredible.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Reactions: Raiders Fan 223

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I would stick with my old phone too.
Most of us are in the same boat as you.
On one side we wait and on the other we're tempted to get an X or a Dinc.

If my storm1 has held this long (2yrs), I know it can hold another 2 weeks too **knock on circuit board**

menji

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
it is too much of a gamble. I agree with everyone lol. until we know an exact date as told by Verizon, I'd hold on a little while longer.

NY Reco

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
This whole waiting game is a test of will. Hold out a little longer and you'll be rewarded greatly with an awesome new phone. Just a few days ago, I was thinking of just getting the Incredible and passing on the Thunderbolt. I held my ground and I'm in Zen-mode waiting for the best phone I'll have ever owned.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
This whole waiting game is a test of will. Hold out a little longer and you'll be rewarded greatly with an awesome new phone. Just a few days ago, I was thinking of just getting the Incredible and passing on the Thunderbolt. I held my ground and I'm in Zen-mode waiting for the best phone I'll have ever owned.

And then you get home just in time to hear the announcement of a newer better phone ...LOL

Geeksy

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a plan B? I mean some other phone in your mind?

I was thinking the Incredible, but that bird's getting old. And I just refuse to touch anything from Motorola because their Motoblur is just hideous.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the Incredible, but that bird's getting old. And I just refuse to touch anything from Motorola because their Motoblur is just hideous.

You sound just like me ..lol.. I don't like Motoblur either. Besides I don't like the form factor of most of Motorola phones. DInc is a great phone but like you said it has already been on the block for more than a year. DInc2 is not coming anytime soon, either.

Well, maybe you should wait till the 17th and see if anything transpires.

sammy303

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I would wait - it's only 11 more days and you've gone this long.

I'm still rockin my Storm 1. It's been completely stripped down to bare bones and a few apps and it's still chuggin along.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I would wait - it's only 11 more days and you've gone this long.

I'm still rockin my Storm 1. It's been completely stripped down to bare bones and a few apps and it's still chuggin along.

It's amazing you have been able to survive so long with that one. I would have died.

sammy303

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It's amazing you have been able to survive so long with that one. I would have died.

It hasn't been easy - many months of frustration but I've learned how to adapt with it. My wife has the Incredible so I get my techno joy from playing with her phone for now.

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I would def wait. I never was all that impressed with the DX I think it was the buttons at the bottom seemed kinda cheap to me (I know seems trivial but that's how my OCD rolls);). I loved my D1 and was almost sold on the DX until it came out and I had the chance to play with it. Ended getting the Fascinate, which is a great phone, I just want the added real estate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahholbrook122