What's the best comic reader app?

verdana

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been using my N7 for quite some time now and I am loving it. I did not consider reading ebooks on it but really consider comics (e.g. The Walking Dead!).

Got some app you want to suggest for reading comics?

Also, on the curious side, is a ram manager app really effective on a tablet?

Thanks! I am new here on the forums so let me know if it's a double post.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Chillidog66

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If you like Manga on the play store there is an app called Mango for free it has every Manga comic on there for free..

Sent from my Galaxy s3 using Android Central Forums

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Task managers haven't been necessary since Gingerbread (possibly Froyo, my memory that far back is hazy), but especially since ICS where the recent apps are just a swipe away from closing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

OckhamsFolly

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I also had a question pertaining to this.

I'm not really a huge comic reader, but there are a few I enjoy that I have in print (namely Hellboy and Flight, with a scattering of graphic novels). This is somewhat limited by not having a local comic store and not really feeling up to ordering them off Amazon and waiting, but now that I've got a Nexus, I've been looking into digital comics.

My question is, what app do I want to get for a complete, legitimate comic reader? I vaguely remember trying out ComicRack a few years ago, but I stopped playing around with it when I couldn't find Hellboy for it outside of torrents (Mignola's too talented to even think about jilting him out of his due). The application did perform admirably, however. It still seems like if I want an ecomic of Hellboy, though, you have to go with Dark Horse's app, and I would really prefer to have just one comic reader app to cut down on clutter and complexity. It looks like Comixology is the online store with the widest selection... but no Hellboy or Flight.

So is there a better option I'm just not seeing? Am I best off ordering the comics I want off Amazon and then pirating them for use with a third party comic reader? If I use a third party reader, can I still buy comics off of Comixology and read them without using their app? If I do end up with Comixology or Dark Horse's reader, can I download the comics to store on my device, or do I have to access them on the cloud?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

verdana

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
@mh2k55
Does it have the feature of viewing per frame? Amazon Kindle app has that feature but I'd like to settle on the free downladable comics :)

verdana

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I also had a question pertaining to this.

I'm not really a huge comic reader, but there are a few I enjoy that I have in print (namely Hellboy and Flight, with a scattering of graphic novels). This is somewhat limited by not having a local comic store and not really feeling up to ordering them off Amazon and waiting, but now that I've got a Nexus, I've been looking into digital comics.

My question is, what app do I want to get for a complete, legitimate comic reader? I vaguely remember trying out ComicRack a few years ago, but I stopped playing around with it when I couldn't find Hellboy for it outside of torrents (Mignola's too talented to even think about jilting him out of his due). The application did perform admirably, however. It still seems like if I want an ecomic of Hellboy, though, you have to go with Dark Horse's app, and I would really prefer to have just one comic reader app to cut down on clutter and complexity. It looks like Comixology is the online store with the widest selection... but no Hellboy or Flight.

So is there a better option I'm just not seeing? Am I best off ordering the comics I want off Amazon and then pirating them for use with a third party comic reader? If I use a third party reader, can I still buy comics off of Comixology and read them without using their app? If I do end up with Comixology or Dark Horse's reader, can I download the comics to store on my device, or do I have to access them on the cloud?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

I think Amazon Kindle app will be great for you, they have wide selection of comics (I saw Hellboy :D). Honestly, that's my choice but buying every Walking Dead issue? Damn, and it'll cost me a lot of paying on my credit card though

OckhamsFolly

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Verdana. I was planning on getting the Kindle app anyway and just hadn't gotten around to it yet, so it's not going to be a big problem if I decide on a different comic reader later, as I'll just have two apps that I would have planned on having anyway. You were right, they do have Hellboy, but it looks like Image Comics doesn't want to have Flight in an ereader format. Le sad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds