What's the purpose of being able to choose sim cards in a dual active sim phone?

cjva15

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (Dual Sim) has an option in the notification drop down to choose which Sim card to use or "make active". I think this a vestigial function because this phone makes BOTH sim cards active at the same time. It's practically useless. Am I right? or does this function have some purpose that I don't know about?

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (Dual Sim) has an option in the notification drop down to choose which Sim card to use or "make active". I think this a vestigial function because this phone makes BOTH sim cards active at the same time. It's practically useless. Am I right? or does this function have some purpose that I don't know about?

I really don't know, but maybe it also depends on what (kind of, if applicable) SIM cards you have installed, on what kind of contract (from a technical POV), and what kind of provider/telco/ISP (from a technical POV) you have.

And of course: what version of Android runs on that device?

cjva15

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about the contract but its different networks. And my device is running on android 4.2.2.
It's funny because there's even a widget available to you can "choose" a sim card on the homescreen--and its practically useless because both networks are working at the same time so there's really no need to choose. Unless this has some function that i still have to discover

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay