What's the purpose of the Xoom?

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I get that it's a tablet and can do browsing and email well, but I think a lot of people view tablets as something that can be used well for media. With the omission of Netflix and Hulu, it seems like the Xoom is lacking in that aspect especailly for the price, so what exactly will you be using your Xoom for that your phone doesn't do?

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
For my commute. I will be kindle reading, browsing, tweeting, video watching in HD, listening to music and podcasts, reading the digital newspaper, etc.

I will also love those to video talk to my gf, couch surf, toilet surf. My MBP is a monster of a device and has so many hard drives and usb cables hooked into it it's a pain in the butt to unplug it from it's editing station and bring around the house. The XOOM is perfect for me :)

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
This will be my go-to device. I am huge tablet fan and use them to them fullest extent. I tote them everywhere I go. Email, web, ereader, stereo integration. If it does it, I'm using it. :)

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I will hand my netbook down to one of my kids and use the tablet for pretty much what I did with my netbook and kindle. Music, books, web wurfing on the couch and checking IMBD during a show to figure out who the heck that person is.

Also I will use it at work when away from my desk and I need to access a server. Many of my servers have a web admin front end that I can connect to from my phone, and now the Xoom.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I think all the uses aren't out there yet. I think the apps that are out for the ipad are good but the Xoom to me seems a lot more capable.

I'm going to say what we do today with our Xoom's will be a lot different then what we can do in 6 months.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I think all the uses aren't out there yet. I think the apps that are out for the ipad are good but the Xoom to me seems a lot more capable.

I'm going to say what we do today with our Xoom's will be a lot different then what we can do in 6 months.