What's this I see? D:

Rowdy

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Have anyone besides me been to the HTC facebook page?
It says big things are happening.
Right now there are 11hours left and I have no idea what it is.
I hope it's the Thunderbolt :D

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's not. They're announcing a Tablet... that's their "Big" thing. Now, could they also choose to announce the Thunderbolt as well? Or make mention? Yes! Will they? I think there is a good chance, yes.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
That countdown has been there for a while. It leads to their MWC conference time. Most figure it is for their rumored tablet announcement.

We hope to get a date from it for the TBolt as well.

Rowdy

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I hope so! :D
I would be so relieved and happy.
also it could be the Thunderbolt like you all said.
There wouldnt be random ads here for nothing. :)

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Doubt it's the TB. They already announced it officially last month at CES. Why would they have a whole countdown? Why would they need to "announce" it again?

Plus, the ball is now in Verizon's court as to when the thing will be released, not HTC's

The tablet will likely be the HTC Flyer that we have seen rumblings about

green77

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Plus, the ball is now in Verizon's court as to when the thing will be released, not HTC's

I wish the Bolt was in our court.....LOL

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I wish the Bolt was in our court.....LOL

Why wouldn't HTC use the stage as an opportunity to push it's handsets? And hardware vendors have made announcements about device availability, with specific dates before. (HP most recently).

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Why wouldn't HTC use the stage as an opportunity to push it's handsets? And hardware vendors have made announcements about device availability, with specific dates before. (HP most recently).

Because they already did that for this device at CES. They got to take the stage at a huge keynote all by themselves and talk about nothing but this phone for several minutes. Then they set up booths for several days in order to allow future consumers and tech blogs to thoroughly check them out. Only a handful of events like this happen every year, and HTC makes a LOT of devices. There's no way they will use today's platform to repeat something they already did 6 weeks ago

Look, I know you really want a release date (ME TOO!!). But I just don't see it happening today.

Today's platform in Barcelona will most likely be a chance for HTC to reveal new hardware (like the Flyer tablet, or perhaps even the mythical Pyramid phone)

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Doubt it's the TB. They already announced it officially last month at CES. Why would they have a whole countdown? Why would they need to "announce" it again?

MWC is about unveiling new devices not status updates on previously announced advice. The countdown states "big things are happening" I take it the tablet will not be only news we here. I hope we get hear announcement of HTC Saga, Incredible 2, or Wildfire 2. I more incline to know about HTC Saga and Incredible 2.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
For the 100th time here, it's more than likely about their MWC presser and their upcoming tablet. I'd like to think its about the T-Bolt, but I doubt it.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For the 100th time here, it's more than likely about their MWC presser and their upcoming tablet. I'd like to think its about the T-Bolt, but I doubt it.

Nothing stopping them from mentioning it. I agree it's not the main event and may only get a side message... but what a way to start? Or end? Or mention when you get to other handsets?

Lots of people said the announcement would come today. It didn't. If it doesn't come tomorrow then I wouldn't be able to come up with any reasonable day to make an announcement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vyrd