What's up with the keyboard?

PRIVuser2018

Jan 25, 2019
Visit site
So, I got a good deal on the G7, (good enough to tolerate the LCD), but the keyboard drives me nuts for some reason.

I came from a phone with a physical keyboard (BlackBerry PRIV) but according to the stats built-in, I used the virtual keyboard for 58% of my words typed. So it's not like I'm not used to typing on glass. If anything, I'm more familiar with that than a physical keyboard.

Yet, on the G7, I can't type accurately no matter what I try. I've tried the default LG keyboard, GBoard, Swiftkey, and even BlackBerry Keyboard (which isn't officially supported), but none of them feel right when typing. I've tried making it taller, shorter, hiding the number row, changing the colour, etc, to no avail.

What gives? The only reason I can think of is the 19.5:9 aspect ratio, which obviously can't be changed. Any other ideas?

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Usually, if you're gonna type on glass, an ideal device would be one that's not too narrow but not too tall either.

Slabs are not optimized for typing, so usually the manufacturers could care less if it has good weight balance etc, since typing is clearly not a priority these days (aside from BlackBerry).

Not sure why typing on the G7 would be especially worse than any other slab...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki