What's your storage like?

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I was just wondering how much storage you guys keep on your phone at all times. And if your using alot, how has it affected your phones performance?

Attachments

• 1375828993082.jpg
    1375828993082.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 34

ShaneBunting

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have an 8GB Nexus 4 (bought on budget!) which is also my first Android phone (having came from iOS) And atm it's not too full thanks to Google Play Music! The biggest thing is definitely GTA Vice City. I'd recommend it, great game! Other than that, mostly Apps taking up the space and the Camera Roll.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
So far so good. I try to keep as little as I can on the internal. I know I could get lower but I'm still playing around with things and learning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-06-23-22-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-06-23-22-14.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 16

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm at around 6.5 gig, what helped was going through the apps in the applications manager and clearing cache and data. My travel wallpaper alone was over 500 Meg. Anyone know a quicker way to do this instead of going through each one by one? And also what exactly makes up the cache and data within the app?

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm at around 6.5 gig, what helped was going through the apps in the applications manager and clearing cache and data. My travel wallpaper alone was over 500 Meg. Anyone know a quicker way to do this instead of going through each one by one? And also what exactly makes up the cache and data within the app?

Thanks

Download "Clean Master" in the play store - will clear catche and residue files in one go - but remember killing apps can damage your memory and usefulness of apps - so basically they will just keeping closing or stop working in same cases.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response Teddy I'll check it out at the Playstore but at the same time I'm not looking to kill apps, does clearing cache and data from application manager also kill the app or just clears the residue?

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response Teddy I'll check it out at the Playstore but at the same time I'm not looking to kill apps, does clearing cache and data from application manager also kill the app or just clears the residue?

Just clears the residual cache -there are 4 options upon opening the app

1. Junk Files - this clears cache and Residual files
2. Privacy - This clears the Cache in search bars - so clears items searched in the play store and history in other apps
3. Tasks - this is the one to avoid as it kills the apps - pointless really - mainly used for Custom Roms
4. App Manager - just tells you your apps and can uninstall multiple apps at the same time and back them up.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
nyduje9y.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2