Whatsapp backup not found error

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I do have q backup file for whatsapp on google drive, however tried several times to reinstall the app but it gives me the "no backup found" error. Anybody faced this before ?
N.B it's for dual whatsapp. And i couldn't find the backup file in local storage.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My issue is described in details in my 1st message here you can read it again.
Yes you have 2 Whatsapp accounts what your not telling me is both accounts saying no back up found?

This how your going about it correct?

So if you delete the 2nd one that makes a copy does it see a back up.?Screenshot_20230120_230737_Dual%20Messenger.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The issue is not related to my main account at all. I only uninstalled the dual whatsapp & reinstalled many times with no backup found every time.
Ok main one ok the 2nd is the issue, let me download my 2nd what app account and test it out , you go Google drive and main account shows back up under back ups ?

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

Nan0608

Jan 21, 2023
Visit site
Ok main one ok the 2nd is the issue, let me download my 2nd what app account and test it out , you go Google drive and main account shows back up under back ups ?

There's nothing related to my other number, they are 2 different numbers so 2 different accounts & gmail accounts for backup too. My issue is with my 2nd whatsapp aka dual whatsapp, it's connected to google drive for backup but it doesnt see it every time i reinstall the app.
Both google drive accounts have backups for each number/account.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There's nothing related to my other number, they are 2 different numbers so 2 different accounts & gmail accounts for backup too. My issue is with my 2nd whatsapp aka dual whatsapp, it's connected to google drive for backup but it doesnt see it every time i reinstall the app.
Both google drive accounts have backups for each number/account.
Yes thats what I mentioned the 2nd Whatsapp , let me finish downloading my 2nd to the phone so I can see

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So when I download 2nd account with different number it didn't see the back up .

Maybe try change default Google drive to that Gmail account as back up then install again see if it picks up the back up or probably going have to contact Whatsapp support see what they say

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Even though I have multiple Gmail account on my device and whatapp is assign to 2 different gmail account and numbers , on the device can only be one main Gmail account but you can change that to any Gmail account but it will see only one as the main .

So switch to the Main Gmail account from the 2nd whatapp then reinstall the 2nd copy whatapp and see if it can pick up the back up , that's the only thing I can't try I've already messed around with my accounts and going put them back in order .

Nan0608

Jan 21, 2023
Visit site
Even though I have multiple Gmail account on my device and whatapp is assign to 2 different gmail account and numbers , on the device can only be one main Gmail account but you can change that to any Gmail account but it will see only one as the main .

So switch to the Main Gmail account from the 2nd whatapp then reinstall the 2nd copy whatapp and see if it can pick up the back up , that's the only thing I can't try I've already messed around with my accounts and going put them back in order .

I'm contacting whatsapp support yes, but so far haven't reached a solution.

If you mean to have the main gmail account on phone to be the same as the one connected to the whatsapp account with the problem, i already tried installing it on another phone that i'm logged on it with that gmail account that's related to the whatsapp account with the problem & had the same problem, So i think the problem is related to the whatsapp account itself.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm contacting whatsapp support yes, but so far haven't reached a solution.

If you mean to have the main gmail account on phone to be the same as the one connected to the whatsapp account with the problem, i already tried installing it on another phone that i'm logged on it with that gmail account that's related to the whatsapp account with the problem & had the same problem, So i think the problem is related to the whatsapp account itself.
Yeah ... must be something with whatsapp especially on different phone., I agree.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Nan0608

Jan 21, 2023
Visit site
Yeah ... must be something with whatsapp especially on different phone., I agree.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Can i ask you for something pls ?
I want to make sure of something.
Since you installed the dual copy of whatsapp.
Try for example to exchange messages with your other number, and go to settings and choose to have both local backup and google drive backup, put your google account.
And uninstall & reinstall again, and see if it will see the backup or if it will tell you no backup found. I want to know if this is a problem in dual whatsapp that it doesn't save backup or doesn't restore it.
Thank you