When I go into the project menu and tap SIM card info, it says "NW_LOCKED."

Craigr 1

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
So I've been trying to connect to mobile towers for quite some time now and I've come to a dead end where I can't dig up and info on this so if you guys ould help me out that would be great

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
re: When I go into the project menu and tap SIM card info, it says "NW_LOCKED."

NW_LOCKED tells me that the device is branded by the carrier that sold it and that carrier has configured it to only work with SIM cards for its network. You would need to work with that carrier to verify eligibility for unlocking and have them provide the code to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: When I go into the project menu and tap sim lock info it says "NW_LOCKED"

Welcome to Android Central! Which project are you talking about? Are you a developer?

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
re: When I go into the project menu and tap SIM card info, it says "NW_LOCKED."

No, phones are created by the manufacturers and when sold to carriers most install their own firmware only allowing their own sims to be used. If you use a different carrier's sim you will get the error NW Locked. The phone needs to be sim unlocked so you can use other sims. You need to get the original carrier or pay a third party company to unlock it.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
What phone do you have (need to now model number) and which network is the sim from. In the meantime it would be an idea to have a chat with your carrier as sometimes sims need to be replaced.

Craigr 1

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
The project menu is the menu where I typed in a code into the dial and the project menu pops up the other codes like *#*#4636#*#* android standard doesn't work neither does *#*#6130#*#*