When (if?) the Thunderbolt Strikes...

upworlder

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's just me, but with all of this "striking" nonsense that Verizon keeps using to describe the release of this phone, are we really expecting an announcement of a release date? When is the last time a thunderbolt told you a few days in advance when it was going to strike?

With all of the hype that this thing is getting, many people, geek and nongeek alike already know about the thing, so at this point I'm pretty much expecting Verizon to tweet, send an email newsletter, or otherwise announce to the world that, "The Thunderbolt has struck." (Cue mad midday rush on Verizon stores across the country and free advertising on the nightly local and national news.)

Am I alone here?

ps. - First AC post ever! woooo :D

Reactions: Koato

upworlder

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Ehh, I guess just wishful thinking on my part. I just need to get rid of this horrendous Blackberry Tour as quickly as possible. I follow tech news religiously and have always stood behind BMX on this one, but I so wish it would just come out already. All will be forgiven if the battery life is decent and the network is smooth, lol. If not, then I fear AC members may storm the Verizon grounds in Basking Ridge...

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Then get a Droid X or Droid Incredible. Both are great upgrades from your BlackBerry Tour.

They're avail NOW and less expensive!

upworlder

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
If my contract were up a couple months ago I probably would have gone with the DInc, but seeing as the direct successors to both the X and the Inc are already in the pipeline and aren't too far off, I think both will essentially reach EOL in the near future if the release of the TBolt doesn't mark that in a week or two. I would take the 50% more ram of the Tbolt or the faster bus speed of the Bionic's DDR2 ram over what's found in the X or the Inc any day, and at this point, I think to be a self-respecting phone geek, I will need an LTE phone to show off, hahaha

Plus I am not currently willing to put up with Motorola and their locked bootloader "fun"

(current) Dream (Not that Dream) phone: HTC made, Tegra 2 powered handset with a 4" super amoled + screen (with qHD resolution or better of course) running 1gb of DDR2 memory. And obviously with DLNA, an LTE radio, and all of that other delicious stuff that is getting into the flagships nowadays) Yeahh, not going to happen for a multitude of reasons, but hey, that's why they call it a dream, right? :)

Also, anyone have thoughts about whether the TBolt will be able to handle the OS when google finally merges the tablet and handset forks of android in the future? xda seems to have a honeycomb proof of concept already running (buggily) on a few lower spec'd devices.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If it's not out by end of the month....or before deals on Droid phones expire then I am getting INC on 1-year. I will wait for next best thing to come February or March of 2012. Maybe TBOLT 2 or something like that. It will be thinner with better battery, snap dragon dualcore processor and Ice Cream Sandwich say what!

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Then get a Droid X or Droid Incredible. Both are great upgrades from your BlackBerry Tour.

They're avail NOW and less expensive!
If with a lil patience if I can get LTE and video calling, I am willing to wait, till I get institutionalized.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: upworlder

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ILTAFGICHKI