When is the google pixel phone SUPPOSE to be hot to touch

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I just got a new google pixel phone a few days ago.

I had tried a pixel xl when it first came out--it was nice, but...I opted to return.

I waited to get a smaller pixel in black.

It is a good phone..but...

ok when I got everything installed on the phone I expected it to be a bit warm.

When I transferred gigs of music to the phone I expected it to be warm.

I don't have a daydream VR headset, but I expect it to get warm or quite hot if I were to use that.

I just picked my phone up to answer a call and it was so warm it was uncomfortable to hold it near my ear...

I assume this is a bad thing?

I was trying to use resilio sync to share music files between my computer and the phone--I've since turned that off and uninstalled...but...

when should I get worried? and does anyone know of an app that can show temperature?

David

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Was anything going on with it before you answered the call, or was this just a random issue when it was warm when you went to answer a call? What do you have synching in the background, if anything? Only time mine gets slightly warm is when I am charging it. It does not happen to me at any other time. I am always very careful about what I have running in the background and how frequently certain things sync

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
It seems a lot better now I uninstalled the resilio sync software...but...I will keep a close eye on it. fortunately I have until Jan 22 to return thanks to the extended holiday period.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I've never experienced my phone getting hot like that. Occasionally if I am using it while it's plugged in it will get warm, but not hot.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
The only time I pixel XL is actually gotten hot was after about an hour of daydream View use. And it really never got any hotter than my Nexus 6p got after browser Chrome browser for about an hour.

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Sigh, I picked it up this am off a different charger and it was not hot
but answered a 10 min phone call with my brother on wi-fi calling (tmobile) and when I finished (using speakerphone) picked it up and it was quite warm, even through the front glass of the phone--if I had not used the speakerphone I would have noticed something sooner.

I dunno. I'm now nervous I have a defective unit given it gets so hot. Given I've only had it for a few days and its gotten very hot using the supplied google charger and cable, and hot after I know it was cool after a wi fi call I'm just gonna return. Its not worth the hassle!

I'm getting an axon 7! Maybe. At $350 still a steal!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnovwigwam