• Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues please let us know in this thread!

When my phone hits 15% battery life

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Noticed this yesterday, and then again today....

When my phone hits 15% battery and it notifies me that my battery is low, it automatically switches on my GPS, Bluetooth, wifi, etc.

Why would it do this if switching them on does nothing but reduce battery life? Is there a way to keep them off when I hit 15%, or do I have to manually shut them off?

Posted via the Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
I don't have the phone but it sounds like something to do with it going into power saving mode. Look into the settings.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
I don't have the phone but it sounds like something to do with it going into power saving mode. Look into the settings.

Nope.... No options in power saving mode. Just the option to turn it on and off.

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Nope.... No options in power saving mode. Just the option to turn it on and off.

I think this happens as a security protocol. It most likely is getting a general location before the battery dies completely.

via the AC App on my S6 Edge