When N1 goes to VZ will it be sold in the store?

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
First, when is the N1 going to be released on VZ. Second will it be sold in the store or will we have to order it from Google?

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We only know "spring time." My guess? March or April. We will have to wait and see.

Far as being sold in Verizon stores? No. It will be sold on Google's site with the possibility of there being an option for subsidized phone with Verizon plan - through Googles purchase page.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Hmmmmmm, I like to buy from a person at a store. If that phone breaks, it is such a hassle to mail it back, I would much rather bring it back to the store and get a new one on the spot. May have to wait for something to come along in the store. Droid will have to do for a while, not that it is a bad phone just saying.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm wondering, if you get the phone subsidized and with a Verizon contract, can you get insurance like on the Droid? I'm assuming that if you break it, you'd have to fork out the full price for a new one. Especially with the GSM unsubsidized version, where obviously ATT and T-Mo wont replace it because you can just take it somewhere else, and I haven't heard anything about Google offering any insurance...

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering, if you get the phone subsidized and with a Verizon contract, can you get insurance like on the Droid? I'm assuming that if you break it, you'd have to fork out the full price for a new one. Especially with the GSM unsubsidized version, where obviously ATT and T-Mo wont replace it because you can just take it somewhere else, and I haven't heard anything about Google offering any insurance...

I'd think that you could always do this on your own with squaretrade.com.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
when N1 goes to VZ - run for the hills... the forums will be inundated with stupid people!!! ;)

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
we'll have to wait and see, with the N1 only selling around 25,000 units its first week google may rethink this. I dont think they will, What they need to do is get the carriers trained on how to handle the nexus on thier CS lines and in store.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
i'm all for spreading it out - if that means VZW - so be it... only good things come from widespread distribution with various carriers (ie. more and better apps - hopefully)...

i'm thinking google is waiting a bit to release on vzw so as not to p!$$ off the Moto Droid buyers too quickly...

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I think VZ will wait until the bugs are worked out before offering it on their system. I know this is a N1 forum but I have been very pleased with my Droid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753