When to charge

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have only been charging my battery one a day, at night when I go to sleep. I haven't needed to because the battery life has been so amazing. I am in the car a lot and Bluetooth seems to be a bit of a drainer for me. Was wondering if I just threw it on car charger whenever I was using my cars Bluetooth, if it would have any negative impact on the battery. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So if I throw it on the charger while driving, no big deal. Nice. Thank you.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
attachment.php

Charge as often as possible. This graph is from battery university.

As you can see, if you top up your battery more frequently, it will last much longer than if you charge it once a day.

freedumb87

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
That graph is misleading.. it isn't taking time into account (usage).

It confused me as well at first, but after reading the article kbp08tls posted, you don't really have to take time into consideration because of the way Discharge Cycle is defined.

This cleared it up for me:
Li-ion batteries actually count charge cycles based on a 100 percent discharge even when it's summed over multiple sessions. For example, if you discharge a battery to 50 percent one day, charge it back to 100 percent, then discharge it 50 percent again the next day, that is counted as one "cycle" of the battery. So shallow discharges, in all these regards, are ideal for a Li-ion battery.

So based off of that chart data, you get approximately 4700 complete discharge cycles if you only let it drop 10% between charges vs only 500 if you drain your battery each time before charges. In the first scenario you get a discharge cycle on every 10th charge. In the second scenario you use up a discharge cycle on every charge.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zigzagchamber