When to wipe what?

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Cache / data / battery stats / delvik ?

Could I get a breakdown of what each of these are, what they do, and when they need to be wiped and when is not a good time to wipe them? Thanks in advance.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Cache / data / battery stats / delvik ?

Could I get a breakdown of what each of these are, what they do, and when they need to be wiped and when is not a good time to wipe them? Thanks in advance.

sorry i couldnt resist.

wipe when you flash a new rom. or when your phone starts doing stupid crap (get it, wipe....crap...get it?).

if you go from superclean 2.3 to 2.4 you may not need to wipe.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Wipe what though. There is wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache in blue recovery and red recovery, and in advanced of red recovery is wipe battery stats and wipe delvik cache. What does a wipe data / factory reset do exactly? If on 2.4, would factory keep you on it? thanks. Sorry. Just always been hesitant to clear all of it unless I'm flashing a new rom or something, but if I'm not going to anything new,then what is safe to do?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Wipe what though. There is wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache in blue recovery and red recovery, and in advanced of red recovery is wipe battery stats and wipe delvik cache. What does a wipe data / factory reset do exactly? If on 2.4, would factory keep you on it? thanks. Sorry. Just always been hesitant to clear all of it unless I'm flashing a new rom or something, but if I'm not going to anything new,then what is safe to do?

i usually just wipe data and cache, and dalvick cache. pretty much anything is safe. i mean how bad can you screw up the phone? if you wipe data and cache you have to setup your phone and apps again. so what. i do that 3 or 4 times a day anyway. not lately though, ive had the same setup for like 2 days. thats gotta be some kida record. anyway, you wont hurt anything from wiping.

Reactions: Brettdacosta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlantisx