Where can I find basic information about Samsung One UI Core launcher?

rfsgtab

Nov 30, 2021
Visit site
Hello !

I just received a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite with Android Version 11
and Samsung launcher One UI Core Version: 3.1

Now I am trying to figure out how the launcher works and have very basic questions. Is there an online users manual for the One UI launcher? Or a forum where basic questions about One UI can be asked/answered?

Basic questions:
1. The initial screen displays several initial icons. Swiping right on the initial screen displays a Google search bar and Google screens but I don’t remember setting this up. Swing left displays a blank screen with no icons. What are these other two screens, and how can they be managed?

2. The Home Screen grid lists only two options: 5x5 and 6x5. Is there any way to get larger grid sizes (8x8) ? Or would I have to change to another launcher to do that?

3. What’s the difference between the Home screen grid and the Apps screen grid?

Thanks for any advice on where I can find answers to these very basic questions (and many others).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! See if this helps: www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-d...ips-tricks-and-how-to-guide-for-new-features/

For your questions:

1. You can toggle that Google Discover page to the left of the main homescreen on or off (and you might also have the option to change it to Samsung Free). Long-press any empty part of the homescreen, then swipe from left to right until you see the screen to the left of the main homescreen. There should be a toggle switch to turn that screen on or off, and possibly the options to select Google Discover or Samsung Free. (I'm basing this on my Galaxy A32 5G running One UI 3.1.)

2. You'd have to install a 3rd party launcher like Nova to get more options for grid sizes.

3. The Homescreen grid is how your app shortcuts will be set up on the homescreen. The Apps Screen grid is how the icons will be set up in the App Drawer (i.e., the screen that shows all of your installed apps when you swipe up from the bottom of the homescreen).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello !

I just received a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite with Android Version 11
and Samsung launcher One UI Core Version: 3.1

Now I am trying to figure out how the launcher works and have very basic questions. Is there an online users manual for the One UI launcher? Or a forum where basic questions about One UI can be asked/answered?

Basic questions:
1. The initial screen displays several initial icons. Swiping right on the initial screen displays a Google search bar and Google screens but I don’t remember setting this up. Swing left displays a blank screen with no icons. What are these other two screens, and how can they be managed?

2. The Home Screen grid lists only two options: 5x5 and 6x5. Is there any way to get larger grid sizes (8x8) ? Or would I have to change to another launcher to do that?

3. What’s the difference between the Home screen grid and the Apps screen grid?

Thanks for any advice on where I can find answers to these very basic questions (and many others).
Welcome to AC!

If you go to settings>help >user manual there

rfsgtab

Nov 30, 2021
Visit site
Thanks to B Diddy and Mstang7757 for your responses. Here are couple of additional questions. If these questions should be posted elsewhere, I will be glad to do so.

1. Except for the bottom row, all the icons on the home screen have a text label below them. But when I move an icon into the bottom row, the text label disappears. When I move it back up, it appears again. Is there a way that I can make the text label appear below the icons in the bottom row? If not, is there a way to remove the bottom row entirely ?

2. I’m trying to create a folder/file structure in the “Internal Storage.” The “Internal Storage” has five folders predefined: DCIM, Documents, Download, Music, and Pictures. In addition I created a new folder in "Internal Storage" called Xtest. Now I would like to delete both my Xtest folder and also some of the predefined folders, but there doesn’t seem to be an option to delete any of these folders. Is there a way to delete the folders in “Internal Storage” regardless of whether I created them or they were predefined?

Thanks again for any advice.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello, welcome!
For home screen bottom row apps with name labels you'll need 3rd party launcher like Nova .

For My files app >internal storage just long press a folder to delete but make sure you open and no data thats important before deleting others you lose that data for whichever application or app it was for .