Where can I locate the APK file on my phone that I downloaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman512

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded a program from AMAZON and would like to share/give it my friend. He forgot to downlaod it yesterday(freebie). Is there a way I can do this? THANKS!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Where can I locate the APK file on my phone that I downloaded

You claim in your profile your rooted.

If so then grab ES File Explorer from the Market (its free) and navigate to /data/app/ directory. You will see a bunch of "com.android.xxxx" type apps all listed there.. Those are installed applications from the Market or other places so look for a name that matches up to what you downloaded from Amazon. Copy and paste that APK to your sdcard and then you can take it from your sdcard and send it to your friend.

Your friend would have to place that on their sdcard and then click on it using My Files or other file explorer and it should give the option to install. Just make sure they have Settings/Applications/ allow installation of non-market apps selected/checked.

Reactions: Kikoshi

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

No problem... Hope it works, not so sure if it will still be a freebee with those Amazon one day only specials if it will activate for free or not...

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

My experience with Amazon one day freebie apps, is that they only work on the phone it was downloaded to. Activation is not transferable.....

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Sharing paid apps, no matter how much you paid for them (even $0) is illegal - your friend will have to buy the app to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fitcapsule3