Where did my settings button go when I got the new 4 update (they aren't where they used to be)?

A

AC Question

where did my settings button go when i got the new 4 update. they aren't where they used to be

used to access settings by pushing settings button on lower left. now settings don't come up anymore. where do I access them?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: where did my settings button go when i got the new 4 update. they aren't where they used to be

Pull down the notification bar or look in your app drawer (or drag Settings from the app drawer to the lower left button position on the screen).

blujay40

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Is this post in the correct forum? The Note 4 doesn't have a Settings button on the lower left.

I believe they are talking about the hardware menu "button". It changed functionality with ICS and became the way to access the recent apps/task manager. Even under ICS though, in some apps, if long pressed, it brought up a settings/options menu in some older apps. It appears that Samsung took that long press functionality away with MM, at least in some older apps like one I use called Open Sudoku.