Where do you use Google Wallet?

mitchstehlin

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Never really got into Google Wallet because I figured it could only be used in a few places. Am I wrong? Where do you guys use it and is it as convenient as a debit card?

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
In my area, very few places indeed. McDonald's, Jack in the box, CVS, possibly Walgreens. Some Home Depots might, but the ones near me have pulled out the PayPass terminals.

When I can use it, i think it's good. Not sure if it's any more or less convenient than a debit card. But it is nice not pulling out your wallet for the world to see.

The main drawback for me is the lack of support with credit card companies and acceptance. I could forgive the lack of acceptence for now, but the prepaid card is bit of a hassle.

mattyb1085

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a convenience store and a McDonald's. In my town and I hate McDonald's so I buy a lot of gas and energy drinks with Google wallet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

mitchstehlin

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I see. Yeah it seems like it would be most convenient to use Google Wallet at a convenience store lol for those small quick purchases. I'll have to see if my local Speedway accepts GW.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Ah gotcha. I figured it wouldn't be worth my time since so few places have it. so it can be used anywhere with a paypass terminal?

Yep, so long as the PayPass terminal is turned on, lol. (Seriously, the jack-in-the-box near my office has them turned off in the dining room, but the drive-thru reader is enabled)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61