where does Android Pay get its credit card info

BarbaraET

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Pixel with Feb updates in my hand. I have never used Android Pay, it updated today. I decided to open the app to see how it works. The app says I have TWO credit cards in it already and must provide information before I can use it. I have never even opened the app before, how can it already have cards. I MAY have used the phone to buy something, I don't remember, but that is not my habit. I found an item online how to delete a card from Android Pay but those instructions do not work, I suppose because I have not added or confirmed the info already in the app.
I have not decided to use Android Pay, I'd like to eliminate the info already there until I determine to set it up.
Thanks for any info

BarbaraET

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for that bit of knowledge. And now I have updated the account. Temporary charges occurred with a warranty claim. Charge then credit. Feeling much better with knowing how it works. :D

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I would set up a separate credit card for just that, and put money in when you need to. That way, if you get hacked, you can't get cleaned out...