where does everybodies memory stand on?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
im new to the forum as a poster but i have reading all of the threads for about a week trying to see what i can do with this phone. so far it is amazing, but then again im coming from a storm so my standards are low haha.

but back to the question. where does everybodies memory stand at on average. mine seems to remain steady at about 90-113. just curious as to if thats average on all or what

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i was using task killer cuz it was free but it kept leaking memory fast and i would start at 100 somthing then to like 30 or 4. right now im using advanced task manager which was $1 in the market. i like this app alot better, it gives you more options. value wise i would say task killer is better because you cant beat free but function wise advanced task manager 100X better. you get what you pay for i guess

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I got rid of task killers all together. I found that my droid actually settled in pretty nicely without them installed. I'm using DxTop so I can kill apps that are still running that I really don't need, but otherwise I just let the droid do her thing.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I had the storm too and at first I was checking my memory just like I did with my storm but soon realized that there is no need to. The Droid runs good with no memory leaks so I wouldn't worry about it unless you have any performance issue.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Mine usually sits around 60-65 MB's. I check it very periodically with Advanced Task Manager, but never really have to do anything. Droid does a very good job of memory management

dre1533

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
it seems like everytime i use the advanced task killer (free) that i can go back to it in 2 min. then it will have a list of a whole bunch of apps that i have not even opened. does anyone know why that is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbers